Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Plot bunny, free to a good home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was at work tonight when for some reason I started humming the tune to an 80's TV series I used to watch, Airwolf.
The next thing I know, there's a plotbunny gnawing on my cortex. [Image: tongue.gif]
Durring the Boskone war, some fen get their hands on a decommisioned and gutted Russian Hind gunship. Some wavium to make it space worthy, add some weapons and wha-laa, you have a combat craft.
Some thoughts/details that I came up with are:
- At low velocity, it would be able to quickly change it's axis of movement, without taking it's guns off target.
- Hinds had/have a troop bay for a squad of troops. With an airtight hatch between the cockpit and the bay the craft can carry a boarding party, or when combat isn't expected, the troop bay can be reconfigured for cargo or cabin space.
- If/when this craft joins the Soviet airforce, it's max speed increases by .05c and the handling performance and power efficiency increases by 10%.
- name of the craft, Spacewolf, or maybe Starwolf. [Image: tongue.gif] __________________
666-HELL The phone number of the Beast
Too much, if I recall the scale correctly.
Quote:
- name of the craft, Spacewolf, or maybe Starwolf.
Bah. Bah, I say. The obvious answer here is Redwolf.
-Griever
When tact is required, use brute force. When force is required, use greater force.
When the greatest force is required, use your head. Surprise is everything. - The Book of Cataclysm
Quote:
Too much, if I recall the scale correctly.
eh, depends what the top speed was before joining the Soviets. or could reduce it to an increase of .005c instead.
either way, I have enough trouble pumping out story bits for the Starhawk and crew, I don't need more characters/ships to worry about, so whoever wants this can take and run with it.__________________
666-HELL The phone number of the Beast