Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Foolishly Cool.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eh? What ever...

When my little brother brought home a five gallon bucket of Plot-Hole-Goo I stole a gallon, and told him about it a month later.
After a bit of experimentation I found that I could feed the 'goo a base mixture of gelatine, sugar water, and it would double in volume over night. Five days later I poured most of the 'Goo, except a quart for seed stock, into the cleaning sink in the garage. The next day I went out and bought an old, dirty yellow, electric powered Vespa and spent the next week rebuilding the scooter using the 'Goo to clean the assorted parts.
When I was not working on the Vespa I was researching on what I would need for survival once I reached space. I figured that I would need a space suit, a weapon, and a Job.
The space suit was easy I bought a set of Riding Leathers, a helmet, goggles, boots, gloves and a scarf, and soaked them in 'Goo and washing soda. For a weapon I took my Father's Electric Guitar and dropped in the Cleaning Sink over night. For work I figured that I would make small parcel deliveries, and mail runs. I had no intention of ending up as a pirate at the time.

CattyNebulart

well now that I'm feeling a bit better, lets reply to what other people have posted... one post? Oi, fenspace has been going downhill.
----
>> When my little brother brought home a five gallon bucket of Plot-Hole-Goo I stole a gallon, and told him about it a month later.
Are that ominous clouds gathering?
>> Five days later I poured most of the 'Goo, except a quart for seed stock, into the cleaning sink in the garage.
*BOOM! Crash! Ominous thunder.* And so the sewers where never be the same again. It also explains where the biomodded albino aligators came from.

It actuall took me a more detailed reading for commenting to find the FLCL refernce. I blame the fever.
It's an interesting enough prologue, so I hope you will expand it.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Quote:
>> When my little brother brought home a five gallon bucket of Plot-Hole-Goo I stole a gallon, and told him about it a month later.
Are that ominous clouds gathering?
>> Are those ominous clouds that are gathering?
Possibly.
Little Brother is the one who went to colledge. I'm Just an unmatriculated mechanical hack, that wants to get off the planet.
Quote:
>> Five days later I poured most of the 'Goo, except a quart for seed stock, into the cleaning sink in the garage.
*BOOM! Crash! Ominous thunder.* And so the sewers where never be the same again. It also explains where the biomodded albino aligators came from.
The drain on the cleaning sink drains into a 55 gallon drum. We do not dump chemicals (Petro based or other wise) into the sewer, because the Biomodded Albino Aligators have Federally paid lawyers.

CattyNebulart

First of a belated welome I hadn't even realized that you where new until just now.
Quote:
The drain on the cleaning sink drains into a 55 gallon drum.

Fair enough, but after the dumping of wavium you might want to check that, although what several gallons of wavium would do with a drum and several toxic chemicals I don't want to think about.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
Quote:
Fair enough, but after the dumping of wavium you might want to check that, although what several gallons of wavium would do with a drum and several toxic chemicals I don't want to think about.
Which brings accross an interesting plot point:
How does one dispose of used Plot Spackle?
Do Reavers come from toxic wavium that is improperly disposed of?
Did Melvin fall into a truck load of Toxic wave?
Or, are the Boskonians buying the stuff on the cheap?
Oh and while I am asking questions,
Does any body mind if I unofficially take partial responsibility for spiking the Buffet at "That" Con?.
Talking Head time...

Shortly after modding the Vespa, the riding gear, and guitar, I realized that I now had about fifteen gallons of Plot Hole Goo. My first thought was "What to do with the rest of the goo?". This is what I call an OMGWHID moment, meaning Oh My God! What Have I Done. I called my Little Brother.
The conversation went something like this...
"Hey Bro What's happening?"
"I have a bit of a problem."
"Oh?"
"Remember when you brought home that bucket of Goo?"
"The Handwavium? What did you do?"
"I borrowed a gallon of it to play with."
"... Just a sec let me grab a note pad."
"Your not mad at me are you?"
"I am, but I'm more worried about what you did with the 'Wavium."
"Ok."
"Don't Worry, I'll get you for that later."
"Right."
"Did you eat any of it?"
"No. ... Should I eat some of it.?"
"NO! We do not know what it would do a living creature."
" ..."
"What did you feed it with?"
"The first Gallon I used Unflavored Gelatine, and sugar water.
"I see and after that?"
"I poured it in the solvent tank allong with eight boxes of instant Jello."
"How long did you let it sit?"
"About five days.
"That should give you between 25 to thirty Gallons. What were you going... Scratch that. What did you us it on?
"I used it to clean parts to rebuild that Vespa I bought."
"Tell me that you used a pair of gloves for that."
"Yes. I also used it to treat some riding gear, and dipped Dad's old Guitar in the stuff."
"I see. Any affects?"
"I haven't tried to ride the Vespa, the Leathers seem to be OK now that they haved dried, and the Guitar shines a bit brighter than it did."
"One more question, then I'll bring some guys to check things over."
"... O-kay..."
"What flavor of Jello?"
"Lime and Cherry.
"O.K. We'll be there in about an hour. I'll yell at you when I get there. Then we'll go over every thing you've done. So Don't go any where. Oh, We'll bring an empty drum with us so don't drain the tank yet."
"Right. See you then."
"Laterz."
Lime and Cherry? [Image: eek.gif]
You realize what any AI produced by this batch is gonna be like I presume. [Image: tongue.gif] __________________
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. - George Carlin.
All I know is that my Vespa loves me, moves realy realy fast when it wants to.
I had not even thought of dropping a computational device in the stuff. Besides, I'm about to go a Con. I'll even be in costume. After all I'm an Enterprising idiot.[Image: eyes.gif]
Besides, I have to figure out how to build a Combat ANdroid with Tactical Interface....[Image: wink.gif]
Quote:
Besides, I have to figure out how to build a Combat ANdroid with Tactical Interface....[Image: wink.gif]
Well, then, keep your ears open for rumours about people who've already done this, find one of them, and ask for help.
No doubt the rumour mill has added "combat android" to the Professor's list of creations (technically true - one of his androids does use a rifle on occasion), and a few sufficiently-clued-in folks may have figured out one or more of Noah's assistants is an android...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:
No doubt the rumour mill has added "combat android" to the Professor's list of creations (technically true - one of his androids does use a rifle on occasion), and a few sufficiently-clued-in folks may have figured out one or more of Noah's assistants is an android...
So where would the Professor have been prior to November 2007?
For that matter can we lock down where "That Con" took place? at least as far as country and state any ways.
Quote:
Probably building up for his debut in Paris in an undisclosed location. Not to say that he's unfindable, but it'd take a bit of work to do it.
Quote:
For that matter can we lock down where "That Con" took place? at least as far as country and state any ways.

East Coast US; beyond that we haven't locked it down in specific. And of course con schedules are so flipping sketchy that it's hard to figure out what's happening when... by the timeline it could be Dragon*Con, Gaylaxicon, Necronomicon, the World Fantasy Convention or Philcon, at least by the listing I was able to track down.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

CattyNebulart

Well the timeline (which I'm sure is poseted on the board somwhere, ah well put it up on the character thread as it should be now.) is not quite in sync with the universal timeline, but it will have to make do until adjustment can be made.

The Prof first started making the news on the 25'th of July, and the hit on paris was in early October.
although at this point he is only known as a criminal madman, it's not until late november that he gets any positive press coverage, though I do not know how long his reputation among the fen spend recovering, but it should probably take a while.
Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You realize what any AI produced by this batch is gonna be like I presume.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I know is that my Vespa loves me, moves realy realy fast when it wants to.
I had not even thought of dropping a computational device in the stuff. Besides, I'm about to go a Con. I'll even be in costume. After all I'm an Enterprising idiot.
I think what he may have been referring to is that "Lime" and "Cherry" are two of the main female androids in the Saber Marionette anime. Just a thought to remember while you're bopping along on your Bad Motor Scooter.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
Whoops... Sorry; didn't realize you were setting the story quite that early. (I thought for some reason that this was after a few of the BNFs became somewhat-well-known, say late-2008/early-2009 or thereabouts. My bad.)
Never mind...

-Rob Kelk
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Kokuten

Quote:
(which I'm sure is poseted on the board somwhere
Grand Unified Timeline - it's a sticky.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979