Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Top Gear - Reliant Robin Shuttle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I debated putting this link on the general board and then I thought - Oh GOD does it EVER belong here!
Here's the "important bit".
The Reliant Robin Launches! (Top Gear Episode Top Gear S09E04 Part 6)
Here is the rest of the program. The bits with the Rocket Reliant Robin are interspersed.
(S09E04 Part 5)
(S09E04 Part 4)
(S09E04 Part 3)
(S09E04 Part 2)
(S09E04 Part 1)
I kept thinking all through this, that if they'd only had some handwavium, that actually MIGHT'VE WORKED!!!
Actually, it DID work!
The launch anyway...
The landing was a bit dodgey though...
I love the use of the various music cues throughout. Including Superman and James Bond.
I'm still giggling like a fiend over this. ^_^
REALLY recommend you see this before BBC makes them take it down!!!-Logan
-----------------
"Wake up! Time for SCIENCE!"
-Adam Savage
-----------------
We really ought to write these guys into Fenspace, because you know they'll be out there poking at all the 'waved cars and asking about their performance.
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow
Quote:
We really ought to write these guys into Fenspace, because you know they'll be out there poking at all the 'waved cars and asking about their performance.
Yes.
Alright, so I'm biased - I've been a Top Gear fan for a very long time. But it makes so, so much sense.
That, and if the Reliant Robin episode was in the Fenspace timeline (it almost would, this is from the current season, filmed last year) ... they probably actually made it into space.
Which would be, y'know, an amazing amount of notoriety. And a whole lot of public criticism; what was the BBC thinking, letting these loons blast off on TV?
(Clarkson: "Oh, they knew it was perfectly safe. Hammond wasn't driving." Hammond: "Well thank you very much!" Clarkson: "Everyone knows what happened the last time we let you near a rocket car.")
And consider the possibilities later on in Fenspace.
(Top Gear's 10 Worst 'Waved Cars - May: "Now, take this one. The owner's given it a very nice paint job...and an interesting vectored thrust system. You can see the nozzles right here..." *points* "There's only two problems with it. One, it's a Ford Pinto..." *slams door shut, faint wheezing sound* "...and two, it leaks.")
-- Acyl

Kokuten

Quote:
(Top Gear's 10 Worst 'Waved Cars - May: "Now, take this one. The owner's given it a very nice paint job...and an interesting vectored thrust system. You can see the nozzles right here..." *points* "There's only two problems with it. One, it's a Ford Pinto..." *slams door shut, faint wheezing sound* "...and two, it leaks.&quot[Image: wink.gif]
oh. oh oh oh that NEEDS to be written. that's awesome.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979