Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Question for Ebony in regards to Banzai Institute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Herr Bad Moon

Heya, I sent a private message but I never used it before and am now sure it got lost in the Ether. Was just wondering if I could use some allusions to the Banzai Institute and some background political machinations that are reletively benign. Basically, Banzai Inst. gets a big donation, and a somebody's boneheaded but harmless mistake is taken care of quietly by my guys, one of whom is a quasi-reserve Blue Blazer.
If you want to see the bit I'd be happy to mail it to you at whatever address you want. I just felt since this was your area of the sandbox I'd better ask permission first.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
I appreciate it. It sounds pretty straightforward, so I don't expect a problem with it.
The Banzai Institute is developing, as I mentioned somewhere before, a global network similar to what is in the DC comic book, Global Frequency. The Institute coordinates local agents and global experts to solve problems using a massive and widespread thinktank. If something is going on in London, for example, the Institute will be drawing upon the expertise of Blazers and consultants across the planet and in Fenspace, via satellite communications. Blazers report situations in their area or are called upon to investigate, based on their abilities.
In other words, if something crosses the Institute radar, there's a possibility that your guy gets a phone call that starts, "Good afternoon ______, this is Buckaroo Banzai, and you're on the Global Frequency...."
My email is ebony4 at sbcglobal dot net. Feel free to send me an email if you need to talk more. However, I'm moving this weekend, and it might be a few days before I get back to you.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Herr Bad Moon

Cool, thanks. I have to tweek some wording given the Buckaroo Impossible Mission Force style of briefings, but I think I can post what I have so far. Leastwise I can and still edit out anything that anybody feels doesn't mesh.---------------
-Jon
Being the Mariner hitting coach is like being the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
-Poster on USSMariner.com
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"