Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The Guinness Book of Fenspace Records
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Natalie
Bond. James Bond. - Whether as some wierd manipulation of quantum mechanics and probability, sheer dumb luck, or just her karma in life, Natalie seems to have been cast as an Action Hero Superspy. Not that she knows that.
Okay, I know what these are, but how did they get on my chest? - She's one of the seventeen tied claimants for the title of 'first biomod, ever'.
A cool thing is even cooler if it's useful, too. - As a direct consequence of the above, she was also one of the first fen to reach orbit, and the first to think to take NASA instruments and scientists along on the ride.
'All these worlds are yours...' - First person to set foot on Europa.

Stacy
Ohgodohgodohgod... - She's one of the seventeen tied claimants for the title of 'first biomod, ever'.
The Smithsonian? Wow. - Primary designer and builder of the first wavetech spacecraft, ever.
'Will you follow me through fire?' - First person to set foot on Io.

Regarding the Explain Star's claims to exploring the Jovian subsystem... (and with apologies if I've raised this before, though I don't recall doing so) My mental image has always been that the 'first seventeen' ended up making their escape into space, rather than somewhere else on Earth. Once that was known to be possible, I'd give it a month, two at best, before some fan or other had claimed all the possible firsts.
Besides. Jupiter and Saturn and the rest of the outer system? Greedy, greedy.
^_^
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Quote:
Regarding the Explain Star's claims to exploring the Jovian subsystem... (and with apologies if I've raised this before, though I don't recall doing so) My mental image has always been that the 'first seventeen' ended up making their escape into space, rather than somewhere else on Earth. Once that was known to be possible, I'd give it a month, two at best, before some fan or other had claimed all the possible firsts.
I don't recall you raising it before, as my mental image had the "first seventeen" being stuck in a low-budget remake of The Fugitive for several months before getting sprung by one club or another.
Quote:
Besides. Jupiter and Saturn and the rest of the outer system? Greedy, greedy.
Hey, I didn't claim Jupiter or Saturn. The oft-mentioned-but-not-yet-seen Jovian Lizard was the first guy to go cloud diving, and I don't think anybody's done the same in the other gas giants yet. So nyeah.---
Mr. Fnord
http://fnord.sandwich.net/
http://www.jihad.net/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Given what Valles says above, rather than a first Shuko is probably the last of the first seventeen biomods to leave earth - she left the con before the guacamole kicked in, and managed to avoid capture for... well, I have to check the finalized time line again, but "weeks or a month after the Paris/Death Ray incident" is the relevant measure.
- CD
ETA: Having now read the posts that spawned this -
SV Gnarlycurl - top contender for Most Indestructible Object Known to Man. You know how tough that layer of handwavium paint makes your space ship? Now make it ten inches think, with eight (or twenty eight, on the bottom) feet of nickel-iron asteroid before another layer ten inches thick. This is the hull of the Gnarlycurl. Of course, it's also among the slowest objects classed as a mobile ship rather than an orbital facility.
Wave Convoy - while not even as damage resistant in proportion to relative mass as the Gnarlycurl, he is hella tough, and can take multiple hits from things that would wreck an average car conversion immediately before showing significant damage, let alone being disabled or destroyed.
The rest of my cast is pretty much average, or "skilled but not amazing."
Well, I plan to coopt young Jan Neumann, who'll be a genius mecha designer by 2025 or so (fifteen years early for the character he resembles in Macross Plus) but he's all of ... eight? ... as of SauceCon.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Sirrocco

I think we can officially clock in robkelk's stripped-down speedsters, at .2c, as "fastest speed achievable with a speed drive".
The sister "deluxe" models, at .18c, hit the mark as the fastest speed achievable with a speed drive in a ship that a standard-model human can ride for any length of time.