Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A Quick Response In Its Own Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
because I didn't want to derail the thread it was in.
Quote:with blue moon cameos from Foxboy, KJ, kentmagus & Bob
I will do my best to come up with something. But my muse has not been very cooperative on any topic for quite a while.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
At this point, anything's good - contributions don't need to be stories. Character writeups, kibitzing on the RFC posts, a possible outline of the History of Mars, half-assed jokes about my new characters, complaints that I'm taking way too long on the current chapter of Legend of Galactic Girls... they're all good. (Well, maybe not the complaints about LoGG. )

Hmmmmm... Plotbunny: In a decade from Fenspace "now", Luna is going to be a teenager. If she'll be available for babysitting jobs, then we have a possible mini-series: "Adventures in Babysitting, Fenspace style!"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
You know, you've indirectly brought up an interesting point. While we know there are fenkinder -- and fen with kinder -- out there, the Grover's Corners folks have the only set represented among the entirety of the core cast. Wassamatta, people? Gonna let the 'Danes do all your reproducing for you?
-- Bob
---------
Well... they *do* have the surplus population, and outsourcing *is* popular. [Image: wink.gif]
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Quote:You know, you've indirectly brought up an interesting point. While we know there are fenkinder -- and fen with kinder -- out there, the Grover's Corners folks have the only set represented among the entirety of the core cast. Wassamatta, people? Gonna let the 'Danes do all your reproducing for you?
Well, Noah's built some daughters... Not what you meant, right?

Okay, I'll put a hint into the next chapter of LoGG.
--
Rob Kelk

I tend to dislike putting incomplete stories and usually nobody responds to my stories which dampens people's enthusiasm. Also, 'bout the Cool thing, I
feel it's better to put in stories and then tone down the level with ideas from other people, than censor the stories when you're typing right away. My
personal view is that the boards are for hashing stuff out and the fenwiki is for finished work.
Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

You know, you've indirectly brought up an interesting point. While we know there are fenkinder -- and fen with kinder -- out there, the Grover's
Corners
folks have the only set represented among the entirety of the core cast. Wassamatta, people? Gonna let the 'Danes do all your reproducing
for you?

J. is engaged to Radical. Blackstone, Chaos, and Nezumi have girlfriends, and Nezumi has a daughter. Further details will be dealt with in future entries.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Feinan

*chuckle* The Jason managed to essentially turn himself BACK into fenkinder. Does that count?
Quote:The Jason managed to essentially turn himself BACK into fenkinder. Does that count?

Well, maybe he can be one of the Babysitters...

Bonus story fragment!

"Big-sister Luna, big-brother Jason, are we going to be okay?"

The eldest two in what was left of the bus traded a quick glance. "We'll be just fine, everyone," Luna hoped.

"At least that meteor didn't destroy the life-support systems," muttered the Jason. "Too bad I never handwaved a plant into a space drive or a radio set..."

"Daddy gave me a cellphone. Will that work?"

The Jason looked at Helen, remembering who her father was and what sort of electronics he had access to. He smiled. "Yes, that'll work just fine."

--
Rob Kelk

Feinan

*chuckles* Cute. Unfortunately for my avatar, he might be in the Fenkinder stage for a while. One thing I glanced at while trying to figure out a GURPS
write-up for him was...I think it's called Longevity now? Saiyans are supposed to age slowly...and my old self hated being old. One level would put
physical maturity at 36, not 18. TEMPTED by two levels, but I think my avatar might actually figure out a way to strangle me if I did, since that would put
physical maturity at 72. *grin* Though it'd be interesting to write about after about a year or two down the line from the time he changed...when he
realizes he doesn't seem to be growing older.

Might even be an interesting tie-in to an OLD idea I remember being discussed once - that the Egyptian gods might've been ancient handwavium users, and
that part-animal biomods might sometimes wind up living longer. Even a lot longer. The idea seemed interesting at the time, though never really got expanded
since people were doing other things.
I'd go with part-animal biomods living longer due to handwavium. My understanding was that handwavium only existed in the two thousands. Although a new
handwavium user using a part-animal biomod claiming he's a god from ancient history could work. Due to the stuff about A.C having to hold on to the
identity to not become Sailor Mars, the god might even believe it himself.
You could still have the idea that the Egyptian Gods were a previous generation of Handwavium users circulate as a conspiracy theory. ( The wave! that's
how ancient peoples were able to construct such huge monuments. The great Pyramids, Stonhenge, the stone heads of Easter Island, the Legend of Atlantis! It all
fits! *insert further ranting here*)
Quote:*chuckles* Cute. Unfortunately for my avatar, he might be in the Fenkinder stage for a while. One thing I glanced at while trying to figure out a GURPS write-up for him was...I think it's called Longevity now? Saiyans are supposed to age slowly...and my old self hated being old. One level would put physical maturity at 36, not 18.
Okay, so he's a stealth babysitter - one the kids can relate to because they think he's their age.

Quote:My understanding was that handwavium only existed in the two thousands.
Well, it's only been known about since 2007... or is that what They want you to think?

Quote:Due to the stuff about A.C having to hold on to the identity to not become Sailor Mars,
I'm not sure where you're coming from here. A.C. doesn't want to be Sailor Mars; she just looks a lot like Rei, and the Fenspace Senshi have noticed that.

(Leda Swansen, on the other hand, is a nearly-perfect lookalike of Sailor Jupiter, right down to the electrical-based biomod. Leda has no problem remembering she isn't Makoto...)
--
Rob Kelk

I picked up from somewhere that A.C had a hard time holding on to her identity as as not being Sailor Mars due to most of the Senshi thinking she -is- Sailor
Mars due to her costume contest . Or this may be because her most of entire body's handwavium which responds to thought. If not, well, the Egyptian guys
can still think they're historical.

CattyNebulart

I can't believe people all forgt about indy, he's one of the fenkinder too.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Quote: kentmagus wrote:

I picked up from somewhere that A.C had a hard time holding on to her identity as as not being Sailor Mars due to most of the Senshi thinking she -is- Sailor
Mars due to her costume contest . Or this may be because her most of entire body's handwavium which responds to thought.

It's not that bad. A.C. has MPD (not as severe as some, as only a few people have noticed), and due to the Senshi calling her Sailor Mars (and thus
thinking about her in such terms) she's apparently developing a new personality that seems inclined in that direction. Rob, this IS in her character
write-up. It's not as though she's going to become a Shinto priestess.

But because she's pretty much entirly Handwavium, she's far more influenced by public perception than nearly everybody. And she realises this. Hence
she's out and about Fenspace trying to make her public perception into something she wants.

And with respect to possible Fenkinder, A.C. has no plans in that direction. She has her hands full with the rest of the Forge crew (including the Tachikomas,
who are a bit child-like), and she has enough of a male mindset left to be scared about the possibility of giving birth (even if she's uncertain if
she's fertile).
Quote: robkelk wrote:

Hmmmmm... Plotbunny: In a decade from Fenspace "now", Luna is going to be a teenager. If she'll be available for babysitting jobs, then we have
a possible mini-series: "Adventures in Babysitting, Fenspace style!"

"Nobody leaves this station without singing the Blues."[Image: tongue.gif]
---------
Quote:"Nobody leaves this station without singing the Blues."
"I wanna be Elwood!" Helen insisted.

Luna and the Jason traded exasperated looks. Kids these days...

(Adventures in Fen Babysitting I - When Fandoms Clash)
--
Rob Kelk

Whaddaya want for nuthin'? R-r-r-r-r-r-r-rubber beeeskit?
-- Bob
---------