Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Mass Production in Fenspace?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote: Once things get to the manufacturing stage (i.e. got the prototypes sorted), A.C. normally licenses the designs/tech. You want to build them, you pay.
Okay, this leads to some interesting questions... How do we build them? Does your faction build them? Do they make them as kits for other
people to assemble? Or does your faction let the other factions do all the hard work? And what do you think would be the cheapest and most cost effective
routes to go by?
Most "mad science" outfits like Prometheus Rock sell blueprints, not finished equipment or kits. For the most part they're workshops, not
fully-fledged factories, so it's more cost-effective to sell IP instead of hardware. The major factions have some assembly line stuff put together; the
Trekkies have Utopia Planitia, the Warsies have Kuat Yards, the Browncoats have Blue Sun and so on. Minor factions can spend the time and effort to build their
own factories (the Soviets for their Gagarin Crater AFB, frex) or license it out to one of the majors. It all depends on what kind of turnaround time the
faction-in-question wants.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Pretty much what Fnord said. A.C. usually builds a few prototypes and tries to make them easily reproducable by others. In certain cases she'll sell
equipment to make the licenced tech to speed up production or use (the Patrol Watches are like this). If she can't make the tech reproduceable by others
she'll manufacture for export.
In this case, I think my faction will be best off sub-contracting out to Hepheastus and Gnarlycurl unless the SOS-Dan wants to flip form a small reconfigurable factory line.

Perhaps later on down the road during OGJ when The Roughriders based on 36 Atalante prove their worth they'll be alocated the funds and resources for such a toy. What do you think, Fnord?
Building up your own facilities does take a while. Prometheus Forge can build practically anything, but given their small scale and busy schedule I
wouldn't expect anything larger than an SC class vehicle to come out in less than a month and for all practical purposes expect at least three months for
anything that large. Expansion projects are in the works. [Image: smile.gif]

Once you've started doing your own manufacturing, expansion becomes a bit easier. You can build your own equipment after all.