Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [Draft]Typical Interplanetary Superhero Patrol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First Night

"Help, someone help me. " A person in white body armor swoops down as the bullets bounces off as our hero shields the person with his own body. Our
hero then charges gang member. Call him gang member A. Hero takes the gun and then clubs him with his own gun. Our hero does it a few more times to make sure
he's unconscious.

Our hero returns little lady's old purse who is expressing effusive thanks.

"All in a day's work citizen. " The synthesized voice comes out.

Second Night.

"I'm telling you there's a new guy in town who can fly and is bulletproof .I saw bullets bounce off. " Gang member A is telling inmates.

"Oh please. Biomod powers are supposed to be trivial, remember?" Gang member B scoffs.

"I'm telling you this is what happened. " Gang member A is irked that Gang member B doesn't believe him. This leads to a knife fight later in
which both become corpses. The incident reaches Gang Leader

"This is enough .First they're messing around with the cops which is good. Now they're going after small-time operators. We're gonna send a
message. "

"What message?" Not-too-bright gang member C asks.

"Find a new line of work if you mess with us. " Gang Leader responds.

Third Night.

Here gang members arrive early in the afternon, and settle into the alley. Each one picks a spot surrounding the encounter scenario. Our Hero flies overhead
in the evening on the patrol route and sees a young woman dragged into the alley.

The hero flies down and is immediately ambushed by a hail of gunfire, bouncing off body armor. Hero will feel the bruises tomorrow. She goes down, shields the
young woman, and then still shielding the young woman flies off with her.

This is problematic when the young woman also pulls out a knife and tries to stick her in the ribs sliding off her body armor. Hero sighs, deposits her on a
handy roof, and meets her coconspirator. We'll call this one Artificer.

"So how'd the testing go. " Artificer asks.

"I broke the law of gravity. That was good. Also, there was an ambush on my patrol route. I told you we should vary the patrol routes. " Hero
responds.

"We needed to get a feel for the city first. Still handwaving body armor has it's advantages. Now you can fly, and you're bulletproof. If
handwavium can make floating islands fly, it can certainly do the same for armor. " Artificer enumerates the advantages.

"Simple. "

"Hah. Simple, once you saw it. Everything's simple once it's explained. " Artificer mutters.

"So we paint our logo on the uniform and then license it out. . Yet another way to access the dimensions through money. "

"You realize that's an unproved rumor, right?"

"A person can dream, can't they?"
Quote:Hero takes the gun and then clubs him with his own gun. Our hero does it a few more times to make sure he's unconscious.
And the next day, after the Space Patrol's medics have examined gang member A, a warrant is put out for "Hero" on the charge of using excessive force.

Other than that, this doesn't look too bad...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012