Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: A little tidbit... [Adult Themes]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought of this while I was working today. It would take place at the big End Of The World party at Pluto...

Benjamin was smiling his typical 'I'm up to SOME-thing!' smile as he snuck over to the DJ stand. All those decades and a new body hadn't change
him one bit except to make him just a little more... well... Benjamin. He exchanged a few words with the DJ and he nodded his head. Once Ben got back to the
dance floor, the opening bars of an old, old song began to play. It took the others a moment to remember the smash-hit song Desert Rose by Sting. One
other didn't miss it at all, though.

Gina's gaze suddenly locked on to Benjamin's and there was a glint in there. Others that knew Gina well enough could tell that Benjamin had just given
her a challenge - one that she was clearly up to accepting as she marched straight over to Ben and into his open arms.

The dance started out slow, appearing at first to be a tango of some sort, but then as the song began to pick up, so did they, throwing in bursts of
fantastically choreographed movement. Here indeed was a couple that was, even after all these years, madly in love with each other. It was kinda funny to think
that the first decade or so they vehemently denied that there was anything going on, but to look at them now...

Everyone had their eyes locked onto the couple at that moment as the two danced. It was like some insane mix of tango, tribal dance and 1920's swing with
the intensity dial jacked all the way to eleven. Somewhere along the way, AC snuck off with Greenpeace.

When the song ended, so did the dance with the sort of flare usually asociated with tango - complet with the steamy almost-but-not-quite-there not-kiss. The
two then grinned fiercely at each other and then walked off arm-in-arm, presumably to their bedroom where a 'Do Not Disturb Upon Pain of Death' sign
would most likely be hung.

Everyone else could only stare at the dance floor the two had recently dominated and think something along the lines of "Daaaaayyyyymmm..."
"Desert Rose" not "Dessert Rose." One is a flower in the middle of an arid climate zone; the other is a decoration on the top of a cake,
usually made of icing.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Ugh. I am fail at Homonyms.

Not to be rude or anything, but if you're going to nit-pick at something like that, then at least give it an over-all thumbs up or down.
Quote:It would take place at the big End Of The World party at Pluto...

Que?
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Ugh. I am fail at Homonyms.

Not to be rude or anything, but if you're going to nit-pick at something like that, then at least give it an over-all thumbs up or down.
Sorry. It was a good bit, aside from the typo. Without further context, I reserve judgment on the whole piece.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Hmmm. Mental note: be kind and provide a link for context sake.

http://fnord.sandwich.net...light_of_ancient_mistakes

It would be that party.