Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Found a bug in the Wiki...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I discovered the Wave Convoy origin story in my archives, and decided to add it to the Wiki... but I hit some sort of bug. When I tried posting the entire story, I got a blank page; I finally got it to accept 250 lines of text. (I'm guessing I hit a limit at 255 lines, maybe...?) Most of the story is on http://fnord.sandwich.net/fenwiki/doku. ... he_alien_1]here, the remainder is currently on the discussion page for that Wiki page.

(Oh, and http://fnord.sandwich.net/fenwiki/doku. ... he_alien_3]the Gnarlycurl origin story is up, too.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Crap, looks like Surfing With the Alien might've hit the same memory wall we found a couple months back with LoGG.

I'm out-of-box for the weekend, so my access will be intermittent. If you find & tag KJ, ask him to tell Calc that we need to add some more memory for
ze wiki.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Is this one of the things that would be fixed by a move to MediaWiki?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I honestly don't know. Both systems use PHP, but I don't know how much of a draw on PHP's memory limits one is over the other.

ETA - Update: Finally back on my home box, so I checked to see if I could break the system. I dumped my copy of ItGWO: Listening to the Birds - something I *know* will break DokuWiki if I tried to load it all in one page - into a MediaWiki page and it held up. So the problem *might* be fixable using MediaWiki, but milage may vary.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"