Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: You gotta love Texans...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just happened to be perusing Google for some info about the flags that have flown over Texas. I wanted to find something to use as a war banner for the
Roughriders. Well, I found one alright, and the Gunner's Mate in me approves heartily.

Behold, the Gonzales Banner of 1835.

The story goes that during the Texas Revolution, the Texans took back the town of Gonzales with ease. The Mexicans had to pull out so quickly that they left a
cannon behind. So, they asked for it back. Being Texans, they sent that banner up in response.

While the Republic of Texas flag would be flown as the traditional ensign of the Roughriders, they'll use the Gonzales Banner when flying into battle. It
sends a pretty clear message, I think: "You want a piece of this? Come and get it then!" *wicked grin*
As a fellow Texan, I find this full of win and awesome. The Blazers back me up on this, as many of them are Texans and Buckaroo has this thing about cowboys
and gunfighters.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I'm all for it.

On seeing it, Marsden will say, with a SEG, "Can I have one?"
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
The Roughriders are proud to call the Rockhounds and Blue Blazers amigos and allies to the cause and will gladly share their battle banner with them. Ask any
Texian/Tejano, while having the heritage helps, having the right attitude is really all you need to be a Texan.
Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

The Roughriders are proud to call the Rockhounds and Blue Blazers amigos and allies to the cause and will gladly share their battle banner with them. Ask any
Texian/Tejano, while having the heritage helps, having the right attitude is really all you need to be a Texan.
A thank-you gift of a pair of genuine Nocona boots will be sent. Because every Texan needs a pair of good boots.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
... Now I gotta get me some spurs. Wink

Hrm... I've been pondering about what a formal dress-uniform for the Roughriders should be like. To be certain, each squadron and flight crew is going to be allowed to have their own uniform, but for those special occasions when the Roughriders need to present a more formal face, a dress uniform would be a good thing.

So far, I've been envisioning something highly reminiscent of the uniform for the US Army's cavalry riders - circa the Texas Revolution, of course. Like the uniforms of the US Navy, though, there would be summertime white and wintertime blue versions. The female uniform, however, would remain the same, only cut for a female's proportions. Make-up regulations for females are similar to the US Armed Services; only coservative make-up is allowed when in dress uniform. Otherwise, the sky's the limit. Hair, however, is only limited by your ability to put a uniform cover over it.

(Until the Roughriders dress uniform becomes widly known, it is used by the Senshi as a method to thin out the candidates to be assigned to the command of Sir Benjamin Rhodes of Atalante - the candidates are simply told that this uniform will be used for dress occasions instead of their fukus. The drop rate for this initial test was forty percent until word eventually got out.)

One final note is that while uniforms are pretty much a free-for-all on 36 Atalante (save for the dress uniforms), skinsuits are restricted to emergency EVA use only to keep 'accidents' from occuring. If one simply must be worn, then something must be worn over it. On females, it would be prefered if it is something they are not about to 'fall out of' so as not to cause 'accidents.'

It is not that Benjamin dislikes busty girls - though he does mentally wince whenever he comes accross women that are even more endowed the Tendos ("Ye gods! Just looking at them gives me lower back pain!") - it's just that the number of accidents at 36 Atalante did have a marked drop once that guideline was put into place. That, and Gina punches hard. Very, very hard with sharp little fists.