Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Impossible Engine? Something you guys might be interested in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This could be huge news if the Chinese turn out to be on the right track.

Then again it could turn out to be another "Dean Drive".

I'm hoping the former, myself actually. NASA could really use a sharp, pointed stick to get their asses in gear. (Actually they deserve a sharp pointed
stick for a variety of reasons, but that's another post.)
The comments thread brought me this close to headdesking.

Pronounced "shy guy."

CattyNebulart

You know this makes me think that if such things worked in fenspace it would probably be blamed on wavium.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Nah. Too weak to be a 'waved engine.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Although it does sound a lot like the engines on the 'Blade... Hmmmmm...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Hrm. Midnight's are Ion-based, though as stated before they're significantly more powerful, aided and abetted by Ben's own brand of Mad Genius.
Future engine designs might take this route, though mostly for larger applications where not having to bother with reaction mass for the engines would be a
very nice bonus.

In this way I think this could be like the Diesel vs. Petrol of Fenspace. Diesel is far more efficient, but Petrol burns far faster, thus lending it better to
performance applications. Ergo, large ships would use the 'Diesel' option simple because it is thrifty to do so, and the smaller ships that really need
to be able to scoot have the 'Petrol' option.