Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [Meta-ish] So I've been absent for a bit...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...and I really ought to apologize. I was working on a secret project (among various RL concerns) and haven't been attending to my modly duties as of late. That will change, I assure you.

What's the secret project?

Well, it's this:

[Image: 27659748lo7.th.png]

Yeah, ever since I got the bug about MediaWiki I haven't been able to let it lie. The last couple months I've been dicking around with it off and on, setting up a mirror of the public wiki as a test. And at this point I figure I can show off a few screenshots of the thing.

So far, so good. Moving deeper into the thing, we find that one nice feature of MediaWiki is that we've got better control over tables and boxes:

[Image: 71125359uw8.th.png]

The sidebar with all the gaming data in it, nice and neat.

[Image: 19457730yh3.th.png]

This is the story archive page. Pretty basic, just a stub with links to each season/chapter page. You can see the Gazetteer navbox down at the bottom, like the one on the first page.

[Image: 89604285rd7.th.png]

More fun with navboxes on the LoGG page. Using a navbox to replace the "Back/Next/Top" links looks better and it's easier to screw with when adding chapters - the navbox is a dynamic template, so if you edit it, it changes across all the pages it's included on.

[Image: 71347410me2.th.png]

A nice thing about MediaWiki is easy categorization. So here we've got a full list of all the stories that Rob's wrote, cowrote or otherwise meddled in.

[Image: 82236337hp0.th.png]

Another nice thing about MediaWiki is that, since it's the backbone for Wikipedia, you can mine Wiki for allll sorts of nice box templates Big Grin. This one here is an experiment using the Wikipedia standard infobox for countries with some custom fields added. I think it looks pretty sharp, but it's a complex template with a lot of extraneous fields we don't necessarily use.

[Image: 10hk4.th.png]

Of course, there's nothing stopping us from making our own templates. Here's the template I set up for the ship registry infobox, using Firvulag's CARSS as the example. There's actually more fields to the thing, but they'll all be hidden if there's no data entered.

[Image: 11is1.th.png]

Another template steal from Wiki, this one's for a character concept who's been kicking around my head for a bit.

Anyway, that's a look at FenWiki v.2. I've got more screens, or I can make more screens, if you guys are interested.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Is it just my browser's privacy settings being incompatable with that website, or are all the screenshot pages supposed to look like http://web.ncf.ca/fm536/clipboard.jpg]this?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
That's the base page, yeah. The pictures are all marked public, so unless imageshack's being a pain they should be visible.

Either imageshack's being a pain or my browser's set to "too paranoid", then. (But I'm not changing my browser settings.) Ah, well. You
know my e-mail address, should it be necessary to use it...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
*shrug* You were in on the original alpha, the IP hasn't reset yet and it's up. So if you get bored enough to poke around...