Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Fluff: Establishments you wouldn't want to visit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the "Klein Bottle?" thread, Bob wrote:
Quote:You could put a standup comedy club in Kandor and have it owned by Robert Klein, and call that "The Klein Bottle"...
Considering the difficulty of getting out of a Kelin Bottle, one has to wonder who'd pay one a visit.

But that can't be the only establishment with a poorly-considered name. For example, take the Warsie bar, "The Wretched Hive". (Please!) Looks like the Star Wars Cantina, and after a few weeks got the reputation to match.

And who'd risk visiting "Rei's LCL Bar"?

These can't be the only examples. If you've got more, add them below...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
For the literary minded, there's Cowboy Feng's Space Bar and Grille.
Good food (best matzo ball soup in the Fenspace), great live music, but there's this worry that every time you're there, a nuclear war will happen.

Along similar lines, I'm sure that there's a Callahan's somewhere in Fenspace. Might even be run by a Mick.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
IIRC Callahan's is in Port Phobos.

--

I have found that alcohol, when consumed in sufficient quantities,
tends to bring about all the effects of
drunkenness. --Oscar Wilde
If anybody finds a bar in the asteroid belt called "The Floating Vagabond", do *not* go in there...
At the other end of the spectrum there is the Alley Cat Sushi and Karaoke Bar. The Alley Cat wanders about Fenspace unless there is a Con in session (in which
case it arrives early, and leaves late.). They only serve "Catgirls" however, so Dress and behave appropriately....
What about "Catboys"?

Gina: "Ben, you are not putting those on!"

Ben: "But you're already an honorary catgirl! *Insert Mischievous Grin here* Have I ever told you how much I love your death-glare lately?"
Well, nobody is going to lift your kilt to do a pantsu check.

As long as you look like one, you'll be treated like one.

But if the Management clues in to your true status (Or you look like you need it) you may dragged into a back room for "grooming" by the Service
Staff, and "asked" to perform on the Public Stage in stead of paying the bill.

Wear your Fake Cat Ears. Tip Well.
Trouble is those two are well-known enough that it'd be like the Big Bad Wolf drapping a fleece over himself to blend in with the flock - he might look
white and fluffy, but you'd have to have tapioca for brains to not notice.
Not a particularly "Fen" sort of place, but I'm sure there's a Krystal's somewhere in Fenspace. I don't know about you guys, but my
gut wouldn't want me visiting there.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
True, but as long as B. B. Wolf is willing to play by the rules he won't have to find out about the Sheep dog standing behind him.
Quote:Not a particularly "Fen" sort of place, but I'm sure there's a Krystal's somewhere in Fenspace. I don't know about you guys, but my gut wouldn't want me visiting there.
Krystal's in Crystal Seattle, maybe?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012