Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Speaking of retconning...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As occasionally happens over on the SJGames forums, somebody asked abut IST - this time, in relationship to Infinite Worlds. Of course http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.php? ... tcount=277]I replied, mentioning Drunkard's Walk, Fenspace, and Legend of Galactic Girls (none of them by name).

But one of the things I wrote there got me thinking: "Worse, when an Infinity agent pretending to be a local interviewed one of the locals who'd interacted at length with the visitors, ..."

And I remember that I've already introduced to Fenspace a character who has (a) reason to interview people, (b) no history before 2010, and (c) no visible means of support.

So... http://fnord.sandwich.net/fenwiki/doku. ... aico_tange]Maico Tange, Infinity Corps Agent-In-Place in Gernsback-2?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well... it makes as much sense as anything else, really.

And goddammit, I just had the most horrible idea for a story... What happens when an influential faction finds out about Maico's little Secret?

White Star, Red Star, the story of a master of Xanatos Speed Chess, his loyal cyborg army, and the Infinite Worlds.

"You don't understand, Ms. Tange. I don't want to stop you, I want to help you."

*cut to the bit in Inglourious Basterds w/ Hitler screaming "Nein nein nein nein nein nein!"*

... maybe as an Infinities. Or a future story at any rate; there's a character waiting in the wings that I may never get to unveil but would be perfect for this kind of thing. Hm... *plotplotplot*
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Quote:Well... it makes as much sense as anything else, really.
Okay, I just added footnotes to the FenWiki pages for Maico and Gernsback-2.
Quote:And goddammit, I just had the most horrible idea for a story...
File it for later and finish one of the ones you have on the go, man! Unless it's a short-short.

(Yes, I can say that. I have been making progress on LoGG, after all.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Nothing I write anymore is a short-short. It all fits into a Master Plan. I hate my brain and everything connected to it. %(
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"