Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: One of us, or just thinks so?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32659678/ns ... ?gt1=43001]Japan's next first lady says she rode spaceship

Trouble is, it's "psychic space travel"... but her husband's about to become Premier of Japan, so how would the (stereo)typical Fen treat her?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
"I always thought Japan was an interesting place with interesting people," said Ben after reading that bit of news.

"News flash, lover," said Gina, her tone warning of impending snarkage. "Weird attracts weird."

"Doesn't that make you weird?" asked Ben, with a small smile and a raised eyebrow.

"Hardly. My origins..." Gina shuddered slightly at the thought of Neon Genesis Evangelion. "Yeah. But me, no. All the same, though, we'd
better make sure she doesn't get her hands on any handwavium. Skuld only knows what would happen then."

Ben's eyes widened at the thought. "Ee-gads, no kidding!"
Early strategic alliance between Japan and the Senshi anyone? Wink
Dunno. Strikes me as too much of a pacifist. At least, she does. I dunno about "The Alien."
Oh, he's almost definitely one of us.

Sankanu Complex link (so the sidebars are NSFW): http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/0 ... nderbirds/
--
Rob Kelk

Benjamin raises his eyebrows as he looks further and further into "The Alien's" history. It isn't long before he begins to compose a brief
email addressed to his friends and Roughrider allies in regards to the wisdom in calling a convention (just the SMOFs and the more important/influental BNFs)
and inviting the new Prime Minister and his wife on up. Hold the guacamole, please.
Spotted on Usenet (Jim diGriz, Message-ID 33q4m1.mti.19.1@news.alt.net):
Quote:"Miyuki, also known for her culinary skills, spent six years acting in the Takarazuka Revue"

So she can sing and dance and act. She can probably pilot a steam powered combat mecha too.
--
Rob Kelk

*SNERT!* Who knows. Maybe she's already been waved and she's never really quite let on about it. Smile
...or noticed.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
A friend of mine (the one with the http://eyevocal.ottawa-anime.org/beingupfront/]Upfront website) has come up with an appropriate playlist for this story...
Dave Watson Wrote:Too Much Joy--"My Past Lives"
Dick Sutphen--"Past Life Regression"
The Jazz Butcher--"Shirley MacLaine"
Living Colour--"Cult of Personality"
Frank Zappa--"Cozmik Debris"
TISM--"Thunderbirds Are Coming Out"
Eugene Chadbourne--"Neurologically Impaired Leaders"
Mayadome--"Paranormal Activity"
Jonathan Coulton--"Tom Cruise Crazy"
The Kinks--"Supersonic Rocket Ship"
Dion McGregor--"The Flight"
Shonen Knife--"Flying Saucer Attack," "Riding On the Rocket"
Napoleon XIV--"They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!"
--
Rob Kelk

OMG, I know that last one! It is so friggin' hilarious. Bob, if you don't have that track in Doug's library, you probably should.
Actually, I have his other track, "I Live In A Split Level Head", in Doug's arsenal. It summons a simulacrum of Skitz.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.