Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I've added a little section to the Crystal Millenium writeup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's something that we've discussed to death here in the past, so I thought it would be safe to just add this...

Named Sailors

Very, very occasionally, a Senshi (whether a full-time faction member or a Sammie reservist) will be granted the honor of being listed as a Named Senshi. This honor is never given out on a whim, because there is only one Named Senshi for any given installation or planet.

Named Senshi are the ones that have proven themselves to be exemplars of the ideals of the Crystal Millennium. Being compassionate, swift and sure in battle, and attractive are usually good indicators of potential to become a Named Senshi.

While a Named Senshi is allowed to add the "star seed" sunburst to her (or rarely his) insignia, many don't bother. Technically, Planetary Senshi (Named Senshi who have been awarded planetary names) outrank other Named Senshi, but since there is currently only one Planetary Senshi and she doesn't throw her weight around, this rarely matters.

Known Named Senshi include A.C. Peters, Sailor Mars; Yayoi Fujisawa, Sailor Stellvia; and Anika Springfield, Sailor Atalante.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Looks okay for me.

"Springfield" makes me think of Negima references... Hm. What faction would they be? Potterites? Or, given the vast majority of the core cast, Senshi? Either way, does Annika have a little brother named Negi?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I'd probably add the following as a note on A.C.:

A.C. Peters is only on the list because the Senshi grabbed hold of the image at Kandor-Con, and have clung like barnacles to it ever since. This despite the fact that A.C. is neither Senshi nor Sammie, and politely (mostly) discourages the name at every opportunity. However the Fen 'Live and let live' policy seems to be working against her.
Nezumi of the Banzai Institute is supposedly a Named Sailor Scout, although she doesn't broadcast it. She occasionally refers to herself as "Sailor Sociopath" and will physically harm anyone who suggests that she wear a sailor fuku.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
I like both of those suggestions. Feel free to add them to the FenWiki...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012