Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking For Facilities...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, anyone know of a good directory for space rocks?  I need to find a suitable satelite facility to 36 Atalante to serve as the High Energy Research Labrotory - you know, for all those potentially dangerous projects like Gravity Bombs and Nuclear Power.  (What's fun is that rather than just use the acronym, HERL, any public documents will refer to it simply as various euphinisms for vomiting.)
The IAU Minor Planet Center has pretty much all the cataloged rocks listed, though to be honest if you want a rock orbiting Atalantae you're probably better off just making up one. Easier that way.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Nah, not in orbit. In the neighborhood is more like it.

By chance, I happened to look at 37 Fides and it's on a roughly similar, if a bit 'flatter', orbit to 36 Atalante. It's close enough that jaunts between the two aren't terribly long even when the two are furthest apart, though I'd be willing to bet that'd change in a few decades... and by then it'd make a nice satellite base on the other end of the Belt.
.... That is, if no one's got plans for it.  (^_^;Wink

Linkage for the curious:

36 Atalante
37 Fides
http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=37_Fides]It's yours. Have fun!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Thanks eversomuch! (^_^)