Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: hat -> ring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AP release
xx/xx/20xx
Today the CSIRO has announced a promising offshoot to their exploration into Handwavium. The research performed in conjunction with Monash University and Setec Astrometric Systems has resulted in the production of a meta-material which SAS are going to produce and sell under the trade name of Eezo.

Initial reports suggest that Eezo has gravity nullification properties. Researchers are investigating possible benefits to fusion power and other developments. ANSTO are rumoured to be building a test fusion reactor at their Lucas Heights facility to verify any other promising developments this collaboration may produce.

OOC: Oh man, the Space Patrols' Section 7b Bletchly Park has claimed what I'd like to've used, what's there just needs 'no' to work. Haven't played with the left overs yet though. Also Eezo is a version of the substance you think it is, but not quite at the same time. I'm thinking along the lines of 'waved aerogel. Doesn't mean the real stuff ain't out there....somewhere.

I'm also thinking, http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mako]Makos! Eventually. In taxi colours. Crazy Taxi, anyone?

--Rod.H
Well, I suppose it was inevitable that Mass Effect would join the party. Welcome aboard!

And yes, Makos in taxi colors; the best way to travel in style on the surface of any decent-sized planet.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Setec Astrometrics used to be Setec Astronomy, didn't it?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Ayep. But when you think about it, astrometrics is more fitting for a org that may or may not be involved in space hardware development.
Quote:Oh man, the Space Patrols' Section 7b Bletchly Park has claimed what I'd like to've used
"Are you interested in Setec Astronomy?"

"I'm interested in all sorts of astronomy."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105435/]The movie is a couple of decades old, now...
Quote:Crazy Taxi, anyone?
Crazy Taxi? Okay by me.

[size=smaller](Crazy Frog? No, thanks.)[/size]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
robkelk Wrote:
Quote:Oh man, the Space Patrols' Section 7b Bletchly Park has claimed what I'd like to've used
"Are you interested in Setec Astronomy?"

"I'm interested in all sorts of astronomy."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105435/]The movie is a couple of decades old, now...
That it is, and do rather like it....I just keep on forgetting to pick up a copy from my local DVD retailer....same with Buckaroo Banzai. I could iTunes store 'em, but I rather use it for Doctor Who & Top Gear instead.

--Rod.H
*re-arranging Scrabble letters* SETEC ASTRONOMY => TOO MANY SECRETS
Uh-oh! () *Runs*
blackaeronaut Wrote:*re-arranging Scrabble letters* SETEC ASTRONOMY => TOO MANY SECRETS
Uh-oh! () *Runs*
So Setec Astronomy may or may not be owned by the Dharma Initiative? [evil grin]
Duane Peters Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:*re-arranging Scrabble letters* SETEC ASTRONOMY => TOO MANY SECRETS
Uh-oh! () *Runs*
So Setec Astronomy may or may not be owned by the Dharma Initiative? [evil grin]
I always wondered what happened to her after "Dharma & Greg" was canceled...
--
Rob Kelk

Setec Astrometric Systems still puts out some interesting anagrams. For example, A Secrecies Stem Toms Tryst.
Outside a decrepit and disused looking factory/warehouse situated aside a busy road a camera crew stands in front of a doorway prepped for a take and are awaiting a cue. The cue apparently being the opening of said door as the cameraman leads off through the doorway and down the dimly lit passageway into a brightly lit workshop. As the cameraman pans around capturing for posterity the current state of everything in the room, to the untrained eye nothing looks too out of place for a workshop aside from the surplus of watermelons, junk piles, a tarp covered vehicle and small collection of floating cubes. The cubes are the double-take moment as aside from the odd Companion Cube, model Borg Cube there’s a working replica 343-Guilty Spark.

“Ah, that’s not The Guilty Spark, it just looks like him,” comes a voice off-camera, the person who said that’s soon on-camera seated in a section of the workshop that wasn’t lit during the initial camera pan. “No that’s just a prototype UAV, one of the toys we’re playing with here. Considering the time of day, you’ll have to wait for Horo* to drift back from the school, before ye can film her. Till then, Welcome to Setec Astrometric Systems, I’m Steve Morgan* and TSAB can go get spaced. ”

*interum placeholder
"Horo" is a 'Waved de Havilland Vampire DH115 T.35 ex-RAAF and ex-static display. After appropriated nee purloined from display in a scheme worthy of the BNF [No it weren't, it was just there one day & gone the next , from a semi-remote region] Steve Morgan* worked on restoring it to flight status....as best as someone whose experience of flight is as a passenger and of aircraft maintenance is bettered by the Nekomi Motor club [IT tech here, my handyman skills are pretty much of the six inch nails, superglue, putty duct tape school, that manga just pointed me at what not to install for instruments] with the ambitious goal of showing up a flight demonstration of a F22 a'la first public display of the VF-1 macross/robotech.
The display chosen: Farnborough.

During the waving process no quirks were observed, then the big one surfaced when Launchpad the Pilot AI complained about someone snoring an impossibility as at the time the only beings present (human & AI) were awake.

Slow examination revealed that a two-tailed kitsune resided in the airframe & avionics.
*snrk* Crashing Farnborough, that's either brilliantly stupid or stupidly brilliant, I can't decide which.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Oh, like the rest of us haven't pulled stunts just as ill-advised...
--
Rob Kelk

Rod H Wrote:Slow examination revealed that a two-tailed kitsune resided in the airframe & avionics.
Eh?  (O_o)  I gather that she's an infomorph of somekind, but do you care to clarify?  Is she an AI?  Bioandroid?

blackaeronaut Wrote:
Rod H Wrote:Slow examination revealed that a two-tailed kitsune resided in the airframe & avionics.
Eh?  (O_o)  I gather that she's an infomorph of somekind, but do you care to clarify?  Is she an AI?  Bioandroid?

An AI, a very unexpected AI.
xx/xx/20xx

Space! Why is it that everyone messing around with the 'wave, wondergoo, 'goop.... whatever... Wants to go to space! Might be a nice place to visit when everything's going sweet. But flonq it. Once Murphy starts dancing the foxtrot, all bets are off. There's rumors on the 'net of some 'Fen' being based dirtside or in international waters. Meh! I'm happy where I am, although I suppose it wouldn't hurt to dust off those ol' childhood dreams of building a secret underground base, but not so underground. An 'abandoned warehouse' would do for start. Probably be best to leave out the pneumatic people transit tubes and the intergrated concealed train siding.

xx/xx/20xx

A big bit of oddness occurred with the sonic screwdriver I was working on today. I somehow ended up with thirteen of them plus mine. Three of them are completely dead, eight appear to be functional, yet refuse to respond to me. Leaving me with two that appear to be in stand-by mode. Then there's mine, which so far works a treat on undoing bolts, nuts and screws, still yet to work out how to do anything else with it and to get it to re-tighten up the stuff it undid. Oh I'd better add targeting to the list, the shed door just fell down. And the shelves.....
WHEEEEE! glad to see you're doing something with this again. (^_^)
'course I'd do something with this. I just don't know when the urge to type will hit, nor what it will produce. Damn annoying it is too if I have to do anything textually important. I've a notebook or two I've misplaced of stuff that I should transcribe - nothing Fenspace related, just some random thoughts, interesting factoids, where to find interesting factoids, story pieces, very rough sketches.

Still with this I'm running into some problems of what date range and character names to use. Cos for a start naming things ain't my strong point, heck so far I'm of the belief it sucks my in-univers expy is so far using a variant of one of my given names and the surname from another branch of me family.

Horo's so far named after a certain anime wolf-goddess, not a kitsune. Come to think of it all 'she' has been doing so far in my mindscape is sleep...and go 'uwh~'....just like a certain other anime kitsune if they could get away with it.