Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [ART] [META] Sammies Logo - Discussion, argument, etc.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Without further ado, a "Splash" for ships that are part of the SAM.
[Image: b0f369ed153f99250e417af9b70a62d3d66f7247.png]
Fwiw, the Font is by Nate Piekos, one of his "free" fonts from Blambot.com
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Hmmmmm... Maybe a version without the text as well, for a shoulder patch? (I have trouble imagining a Blue Blazer or a Stellvian walking around with "Love and Justice" written on her uniform sleeve, but the crowned-anchor on its own would work well.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Nice and simple, I like it. The lettering could be optional, but it makes for a good flash/roundel for Sammies in general as well as their ships.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Here we go, sans-font:
[Image: e7136db51e9e98f5055e7b56bd526400b5ced0b8.png]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
Sweet! I like it. Wanna stick it on the SS Tough Love right next to the Roughrider's roundel.
Another option, as I realized that the crown wasn't QUITE apropos to teh faction... or perhaps these are the Sammies that wear their heart/tulip/rose on their sleeves...
[Image: df5266c1a69d909072cb3a6547180dde3a3fbee3.png]

-- James Nicoll
Yes, that looks a little more like it now. (^_^)
I'd argue for a heart myself. at first I thought about maybe having a scales in there, but it would make it way to 'buzy' as it would visually conflict with the flukes and/or crossbrace of the anchor.

That said, I could live with any of the options pointed out here, though I prefer the ones sans text
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children