Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [RFC] Azu Squadron
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They've been obliquely referenced for far too long! Here's their wiki article. Still working on personality workups for the cast, so if you have suggestions/comments/flan sing out --Mal

Squadron A, X-COM 1st Air Army, also known as Azumanga Squadron or Azu Squadron, is a [[Soviet Air Force] fighter squadron stationed at [[Gagarin Crater AFB], Luna.
==History==
===Origins===
The members of Azu Squadron were originally part of a Soviet experiment in creating advanced [[Artifical Intelligence in Fenspace|artifical intelligences] capable as acting as supernumerary crew aboard [[Ptichka] or other exploration craft, while still being able to swap out of vehicles instead of being embedded in one form.

To this end, a server was prepared with a liberal dose of handwavium and multiple storage units attached, one for each AI entity. For experimental purposes, the server was preloaded with copies of the manga/anime Azumanga Daioh
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Quote:This project, known inside the force as "Firefox," uses the Sukhoi Su-47 as the mold-line template for the mecha's aircraft configuration. The initial results of the Firefox program will be released sometime in 2016.
And Osaka is already calling her Firefox "SeaMonkey".
Quote:* Azu Squadron badgered the Central Committee into letting them play pro [[astroball] as the official faction team. In an interesting paradox the VVS Red Stars are the single worst team in the league; no matter how well the squadron works together in combat, it all falls apart on the court.
Rumor has it they learned everything they know about Astroball from [[Mikuru Asahina|"Miracle" Mikuru].
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Quote:Rumor has it they learned everything they know about Astroball from [[Mikuru Asahina|"Miracle" Mikuru].

It's not quite that bad. Miracle Mikuru can't fly; the Red Stars are skilled pilots, but they spend too much time goofing around & showing off for the fans to actually play the game properly. If they treat the game like they're on the job they're not quite an unstoppable force but damned hard to beat nonetheless. The reason they don't do this on a regular basis is because astroball season is their time off. They only beat the hell out of the Wings to prove a point.

This episode also provided valuable life lessons for the Wings: Don't go bragging to strange people in bars about how you're going to "whip those commie bitches." The guy you're bragging to might just be the commie bitches' CO. And he might just have a recording device on him. You never know.

Ah, so they're astroball's equivalent of the Chudley Cannons... (Different motive, same result)
--
Rob Kelk

Indeed, though if pushed hard enough they can become the Harlem Globetrotters.

KJ

Heh.  Heh heh heh.
That is all.  Big Grin
And the page is up.

Quote:{{quote|I am the reaper! I am Shai-Hululd! I AM YUKARI TANIZAKI AND YOU
ARE IN MY WAY!|20px|20px|Yukari Tanizaki at the fall of Boskone Five}}
It should be noted that this got an shocked and amused OMGWTF out of Ben.  Wink
After hearing so many references to Azu Squadron it's nice to see some real material on them.  Having seen this, I'm pretty sure that they'd get along well with the Roughriders (Especially since they operate in their backyard).  Hell, we can even make a running joke out of Benjamin offering to take them off Fnord's hands for him.
Quote:It should be noted that this got an shocked and amused OMGWTF out of Ben. Wink

That quote is actually stolen directly from Yukari Is Free... season 2 IIRC, when Japan is overrun with zombies (long story, don't ask) and the gang try to escape Tokyo in a stolen tank (again, don't ask.) The way out is blocked by one of those ridiculous super-soldier things from Resident Evil. So they decide to try and run it down.

It... doesn't work. But the headlong charge is pretty damn awesome.

M Fnord Wrote:%[link=http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Azu_Squadron]And the page is up.]
And the http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Astroball]astroball page has been updated.

I'll do the http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... n_Fenspace]Callsigns page later, unless somebody beats me to it...
--
Rob Kelk