Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [ART][META] Sketchdump - it's astroball season!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, okay, not really. But the principle is the same.

Anyway, I was in a doodling mood, and in an otherwise unrelated email Rob asked me to put together a logo for the L5 All-Stations. And I did:
[Image: l5allstationslogonotext.png]

That got the ball rolling, and when the madness cleared, I had logos for the four founding teams of the astroball league. In order for the wiki page, we have the USAF Fighting Wings:
[Image: usaffightingwingslogo.png]

The Starfleet Academy Cadets:
[Image: starfleetacademycadetsl.png]
(This one's based off of an ENT-era Starfleet flag I found at Memory Alpha.)

And last but not least, the Crystal Kyoto Knights:
[Image: crystalkyotoknightslogo.png]
(This one's kinda cheap, since I dug into my DVD of heraldry clipart to make it. But enh, it's nice just the same.)

..and that's all, for the moment. If any of the rest've you have got ideas for the other un-logoed teams, feel free to play art director.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
An entrant in the logo competition for the Kandor Vigilantes. I apologize, as it seems all my .pngs wind up transparent:
[Image: 8c03655516dd97aa0ceb7187b7296f972c14432b.png]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
M Fnord Wrote:Well, okay, not really. But the principle is the same.
Only because we're a year early. The astroball season starts the day after the Baseball All-Star Game, but the first season is in 2011.
M Fnord Wrote:Anyway, I was in a doodling mood, and in an otherwise unrelated email Rob asked me to put together a logo for the L5 All-Stations. And I did:
[Image: l5allstationslogonotext.png]
Again, thank you.
M Fnord Wrote:And last but not least, the Crystal Kyoto Knights:
[Image: crystalkyotoknightslogo.png]
(This one's kinda cheap, since I dug into my DVD of heraldry clipart to make it. But enh, it's nice just the same.)
Hey, it beats the "rainbow-coloured top hat" I was picturing...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Trying to think of a good name for 36 Atalante's team. Here's a few that I thought of:

Blackhawks

Ravens

Lone Stars

Hell Raisers

Barn Burners

Wild Cards

At this time, kinda leaning towards Wild Cards because it plays to the Roughriders' multi-factional nature.
EDIT: Also, if the US Navy fields a team, we can call them the USN Bubbleheads since they spin-off from the Silent Service anyhow.  Mascot can be a 'submariner' wearing a traditional 'bubble-head' space suit.
"Foxboy Wrote:An entrant in the logo competition for the Kandor Vigilantes. I apologize, as it seems all my .pngs wind up transparent:

I do like that one. Nice and simple, like a good team logo should be.

blackaeronaut Wrote:Trying to think of a good name for 36 Atalante's team.

Teddy Bears. And no, I'm not going to explain. You should know this one already.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Too bad I have almost no artistic ability this way. If I did, I'd be taking inspiration from http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1764071680/tt0046534]this movie for the Martian War Machine's logo, remembering their colours are red and black, not green.

(And it's pretty obvious what their astroball ships look like, right?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012