Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: It Might Happen...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Blackstone looked the space skimmer over with the jaded eye of someone who had seen far too many flying cars, flying buses, and flying Winnebagoes. It was small, but cunningly put together, with a base vehicle that looked like it might have started off as a roller coaster car. The second-hand nature of the fuselage was offset by the actual rockets that were mounted on the tail fins and the bubble canopy that appeared to be professionally shaped Plexiglas. The thing even had an internal electronic suite that the little brunette in the Girl Scouts uniform handled quite ably.
He turned to the two inventors and pilots and nodded. "Very nice, boys," he said. Then he frowned slightly, and added, "But aren't you two a little young to be working with handwavium?"
The first brother, a redhead with an impressive beak of a nose that he could only dream of growing into some day, looked at his more taciturn sibling, then back at Blackstone, and said, "Why, yes. Yes we are."
Blackstone grinned broadly. Fishing into coat pocket, he pulled out two Blue Blazer armbands and his business card. "You boys have a good day, and enjoy the rest of your summer vacation."
As the Cavalier returned to World Watch One, the redhead looked at the armbands and then held them up to his brother, saying excitedly, "Hey, Ferb, I think I figured out what else we're going to do today!"
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
LMAO!!!

You know what? I was just thinking earlier today how well those two would fit into the setting.
Indeed. I was mulling over some ideas last week, and they just popped into my head. I would say that, like Steed and Mrs. Peel, they aren't _actually_ those characters, but merely fen that have grabbed ahold of the concept of those characters and run with them. So, probably no Agent P lurking in the background, although I suspect that Blackstone probably has the Doofenschmirtz Evil, Inc. jingle as his ringtone for the Professor.
For those totally missing the reference, the two boys in question are Phineas and Ferb, the titular characters from a Disney cartoon currently being shown on the Disney cable channels. Phineas Flynn and his stepbrother Ferb spend each day of their summer vacation coming up with outlandish things to do, many of which approach handwavium-level impossibilities (the first episode involved them builing a giant roller coaster across their hometown of Danville, and it gets wackier from there). Along for the ride are their friends, including Isabella, the leader of the local "Fireside Girls" troop, who has a crush on Phineas; their sister Candace, who constantly tries to rat them out to their mother, generally unsuccessfully; and Perry, their pet platypus, who is also the mysterious Agent P, a secret agent who matches wits with the evil Dr. Doofenschmirtz in every episode (Doof is about as evil as an ingrown toenail, and nowhere near as dangerous, so this isn't terribly difficult for Perry). Every episode generally begins with a setup that has Phineas declaring, "Ferb, I know what we're going to do today!"
The show is funny and very smartly written for something mostly aimed at preteens and teens.
Ebony the Black Dragon

Agreed. Phineas and Ferb is definitely in the Top Ten Percentile of stuff on TV out there. Mostly it's just the witty dialogue.

"But aren't you two a little young to be working with handwavium?"
"Why, yes. Yes we are."

That is just so fitting of these characters. (^_^)
Though I can't even imagine what hijinks they would get up to for a second activity for the day after they got their armbands.
blackaeronaut Wrote:Agreed. Phineas and Ferb is definitely in the Top Ten Percentile of stuff on TV out there. Mostly it's just the witty dialogue.
"But aren't you two a little young to be working with handwavium?"
"Why, yes. Yes we are."
That is just so fitting of these characters. (^_^)
Though I can't even imagine what hijinks they would get up to for a second activity for the day after they got their armbands.
Joining the Blue Blazers of course. It's not like you just fill out a form and get handed an armband and then go out and Do Good. Okay, it's exactly like that, but that doesn't make for entertaining fiction.

Ebony the Black Dragon

Sure it does! At least, so long as Doing Good involves hilarious (or dramatic, or otherwise entertaining; given Fenspace's place on the various applicable Sliding Scales, hilarious is most likely) mishaps.

Starbolt13

Until the last line of the first paragraph I thought it was someone repeating the Explorers.