Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Odd art thought of the day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wandering, give there are hazard symbols for Radiological, biological, and chemical threats, what's the Handwavium hazard symbol?
Maybe something like the pipboy perk icons from Fallout.
9000 hours in MS paint offers the following: http://image.bayimg.com/iaohaaacn.jpg

(Linked, because I did it big on my laptops touchpad)

It's either that, or three wavy lines in parallel... but my first thought on seeing that would be 'bacon!'
pictures is worth ten lines of code."
-- Stan Kelley'Bootle, the Devil's DP Dictionary.
Dunno. I think something much simpler and self explanitory would be better. Something like this:
[Image: exclamation-point---traffic-sign-vector.jpg]

As I said, it's simple.  And self explanitory, too.  After all, that's pretty much anyone's first reaction to an unexpected biomod.  Wink
Handwavium is WHMIS classes D-1 (Poisonous and Infectious Material (material causing immediate and serious effects), symbol a skull over crossbones), D-2 (Poisonous and Infectious Material (material causing other toxic effects), symbol a 'T' whose vertical narrows to a point, and a small circle under the point), and F (Dangerously Reactive Material, symbol a glowing test tube embedded in an 'R'). In Canada, and probably among Canadian expats in Fenspace, containers of Handwavium would have those three symbols and a text "WARNING: HANDWAVIUM" label. The triangle-bang BA suggested is already in use as a general "CAUTION" or "WARNING" symbol, and is generally placed next to important text (like "WARNING: HANDWAVIUM").
Certainly, in the United States, I could see the requirements that Handwavium containers (where allowed) and cleared Space Vehicles be marked as Biohazard, and possibly as Radioactive, perhaps with an additional Poisonous marker as well.

All ships that are part of Jupiter Mining Corporation are marked as a matter of course, regardless of whether it's intended to visit Earth or not, whenever it isn't actively interfered with by the vehicle's Quirks. Cerulean Edge, one of Starbug 1's shuttles, is a known example of the exception, as it's main Quirk involves everything attached being rendered as a blue-green.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor