Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [ART][RFC] Sketchdump - Interfaces Of THA FUTURE~!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having recently migrated over to Windows 7 & having discovered the joys of desktop background slideshows, I've been slapping together Fenspace-themed backgrounds so I can stick them in the rotation. But not just any backgrounds, no. These are (my hackish interpretation of) various computer user interfaces to be found in Fenspace.

(Note: These have been drastically shrunk for size reasons. PM or email if you want the 1920x1200 stupid-high-res JPG versions.)

Starting off, here's the simple, utilitarian look of the GLaDOS Non-Sapient User Interface, found on public and private terminals in Soviet territory:
[Image: wallpaper1d.png]

Following that up with an equally clean interface, the standard readout screen in Stellvia's operations center:
[Image: wallpaper2w.png]

And of course we can't forget the Trekkies, with their stylish (and near-impossible to master) LCARS interface:
[Image: wallpaper3q.png]

...since I'm still in a mind to create interface wallpapers, if you've got a faction-specific design you want me to tackle, post a sketch and I'll see what I can do.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Supers: ORACOMM. Loosely based on various Batcomputers and Barbara Gordon's Oracle.

And dangit, can't remember the Acronym expansion for BABS, the Watchtower's AI. It's "Binary Artificial Batgirl Simulation/System" or something similar.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
M Fnord Wrote:Starting off, here's the simple, utilitarian look of the GLaDOS Non-Sapient User Interface,
The one presented to the "Non-Sapient Users", I assume... or, at least, that's what GLaDOS would call it.

M Fnord Wrote:Following that up with an equally clean interface, the standard readout screen in Stellvia's operations center:
"Condition Blue", eh? I wonder what non-emergency-but-unusual activity is going on?

Foxboy Wrote:And dangit, can't remember the Acronym expansion for BABS, the Watchtower's AI. It's "Binary Artificial Batgirl Simulation/System" or something similar.
That's what you get for never posting this to the forums before today... I'd go with "Simulator" rather than "Simulation" or "System", although "Service" could also work.

Oh, and the Watchtower appears to have Jarvis as its AI. Babs is Chief Librarian for the Alexandria Archive. (Go figure...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
robkelk Wrote:
M Fnord Wrote:Following that up with an equally clean interface, the standard readout screen in Stellvia's operations center:
"Condition Blue", eh? I wonder what non-emergency-but-unusual activity is going on?
DQS Alert?  Wink
blackaeronaut Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:
DQS Alert?  Wink
No, that's at least an Orange.

Hmmmmm.... It could be one of Kohran's weapons tests...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
robkelk Wrote:No, that's at least an Orange.

Or when ever you have a very large ship in the area.
Dakota Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:No, that's at least an Orange.

Or when ever you have a very large ship in the area.
Or the Midnight's doing a maximum delta-V flyby.  If anyone asks, Ben would say that some asshole scratched the paint and like her Momma, Mayonaka ain't too pleased about that sort of thing.  Wink
So... nobody has a sketch they want me to work with?
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Well, I'd love to see you do an engineering panel for the Midnight, but I don't have anything for you to go by yet. Give me a bit of time and I might be able to cook up something rough in MS Paint. (^_^Wink