Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [META/Image] Hand of Bobb's Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm going to throw a couple of links in here for my roommate's vehicle albums.  I refer to him as MonkeyFist, but most people know him as HandofBobb.
Fleet
FVCS
He does vehicles and ships.  He's one of those guys you if you give them four legos he'll give you a freaking sphere.  Whereas you're lucky if I can give you back a stick.  Some of his stuff is old, but it gives some ideas.
Ooh, pretty... (Now I have something to aim for with my space renders... but I'm a long, long way from that quality right now.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
When I was working on the Puma Artillery Walker years ago, MonkeyFist dragged me away from my computer insisting that the legs I was making were causing him physical pain from across the room.  In the time it took me to make the chassis, he built the legs and chin-turret.
[Image: Puma01.jpg]
Love to see that sucker walking. (^_^)

Tell MonkeyFist that's a bitchin' collection he's got going there. Among the Fen I think the Colonials and Heinleinians would big the biggest users of stuff like that. Maybe some Warsies, too.
"Some" Warsies? The Puma is a short-legged AT-AT! Warsies would be all over this stuff!
The Fenspace catalog is a bit daunting, at the moment, for me to try to digest.  I'll just post pictures here, if someone/anyone wants to use them.
[Image: IgnisJ-1.jpg]
Something at Photobucket is broken, I have to force-refresh each page.
Definitely a Senshi, and from the outfit, likely one who was biomodded.

Whether she was simply plain before or... other... is simply impolite to ask.
Hmmm.
Erin Simmah
Senshi faction
Informally "Sailor Pisces" to her non-senshi friends who don't quite grok the importance of the Sailor Title.
Handwavium quirks
Kinda obvious, innit? -- has a combination of hair color, skintone and features that mark her as a likely biomod recipient.
I am the bone of my sword -- has the muscle memory of an expert swordswoman, and is training to get her brain around the mental control of it.
Mundane quirks
If you've got it, flaunt it -- Knows she's attractive and dresses appropriately to show it off.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Heh.  Okay, never even thought of going that route.  I'm sure the (I think) Warsies would like her, but Rosalie Westin is spoken for (she's a super).
Edit:  D'oh, preview and post too close together for clumsy meat-hand!  I also remember seeing something about handwavium will not a lightsaber make.
[Image: RoseWestin-1.jpg]
I can SO see A.C. in that outfit. [Image: banana-dance.gif] Although she'll fill it out more...

As to the Lightsabers, you're probably thinking of http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Fenspace_Rules. Specifically #1d.

There's nothing explicitly forbidding Lightsabers, but they'll be non-lethal (although embarrassing when you have to hold your pants up because someone cut through you in a duel) and not particularly damaging (cutting through a door? A thin one probably. A thick blast door? Probably not. Good for a few Airlocks, not Hulls).
So, more like 21 versus Brock Sampson than Obi Wan versus Darth Maul.
Kinda defeats the purpose of such a cool weapon.
Edit:  As soon as Photobucket gets their acts together and fixes the site I'll update the picture of "Sailor Pisces."
Damn, Foxboy.  Ya beat me to it.  I was gonna say she was Ben and Gina's second daughter. Wink
Benjamin's working on the problem of creating a hardtech lightsaber. The main problem is packing that much energy into that small of a package - a difficult proposition even with handwavium.
Vibroblades, on the other hand, are very much workable - you just need a material that will withstand the harmonics.  Smile
The Jason actually came up with a way to create junior-grade lightsabers in Fenspace - pack a tubular forcefield generator and a holoemitter into a handheld unit. (Yes, a Star Trek solution to a Star Wars problem, which is why almost nobody uses them.) Energy-intensive, so you can't use them for very long, and not as powerful as a vibroblade... but they're in-genre, and (for some people) that's enough.

Replace the forcefield emitter and holoemitter with a tractor beam, and you've got a "magic" wand that you can use to Apportate things for a couple of seconds, so the Potterites are happy, too.

These are very much "Fenspace Infinities" gadgets, though. As I recall, two of the the first three that The Jason made, he gave to Helen Scott and Mayonaka Rhodes, so they won't exist for another six to eight Fenspace years.
--
Rob Kelk

Foxboy Wrote:Hmmm.
Erin Simmah
http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Erin_Simmah]She's up.
--
Rob Kelk

blackaeronaut Wrote:Vibroblades, on the other hand, are very much workable - you just need a material that will withstand the harmonics.  Smile

Might I suggest asking the Adeptus Mechanicus for some of their Martian steel. Handmade by the techpriests at the temple of Syrinx, it's tougher than battlesteel, combining flexibility and fatigue resistance with an outstanding ability to take and retain an edge. Even struck blade to blade, they won't chip. The downside is that making the stuff is a labourious (and expensive) process, and it tarnishes quickly if it's not oiled and stored properly. It looses a lot of it's strength very quickly once corrosion starts to set in.

Also... shiny art is shiny. :p~
Mark Skarr Wrote:So, I take it I should continue with random image posting?  Or should I do "who owns this?" threads?
Either works for me...
--
Rob Kelk

HRogge

Mark Skarr Wrote:So, I take it I should continue with random image posting?  Or should I do "who owns this?" threads?
YES !
All right, so here's another.  She needs another, good 7-10 hours, but this is a decent enough start.  Yes, I mostly do renders of women, but when I get some time, I'll see about a guy or two.
[Image: AssassinJ.jpg]
Yummy... (No, you aren't the only guy with hormones here.)

Ah, right - Camilla Templar, generalist (with Ninja, Super, and Senshi sympathies) and Great Justice Troubleshooter. Based out of Meetpoint Station, she handles the tricky assignments in cislunar space. Camilla's biomod lets her see through any amount of blinding light, but she falls asleep if there's less than a half-dozen candela of light in the immediate area (which puts a crimp in her romantic life; she used to love candlelit dinners with her boyfriend).
--
Rob Kelk

HRogge

Really nice, really nice...

if you ever want to to a catgirl, just tell me... Wink
I've done a few catgirls in the past, I just lack a good texture for them.
(warning this is VERY old and may make your eyes bleed)
[Image: Catgirls01.jpg]
(Not so very old, less painful; but pre-Lux)
[Image: Kyliea2.jpg]
I may see about doing a new catgirl.
Here's a new catgirl.  It's similar to the 2nd one, because there aren't that many catgirl textures out there . . ..
It's only at 60 samples, so it's got a long way to go.
Edit:  Here she is after 530 samples.  I just realized that I've basically given a graphic history of my rendering.  1st picture is from like 5 years ago, the 2nd picture is from maybe 2~3 years ago.  And then this one.
[Image: Catgirlj-1.jpg]

HRogge

The last two are very nice ones...

are you able to change the fur colors?
Mark Skarr Wrote:Here's a new catgirl.  It's similar to the 2nd one, because there aren't that many catgirl textures out there . . ..
It's only at 60 samples, so it's got a long way to go.
Edit:  Here she is after 530 samples.  I just realized that I've basically given a graphic history of my rendering.  1st picture is from like 5 years ago, the 2nd picture is from maybe 2~3 years ago.  And then this one.
[Image: Catgirlj-1.jpg]

That's Anne Devlin, XO of the SS Ciara..... after someone at Mr Gorsky's bar suggested the the green stuff would cure her hangover. Picture taken at Port Phobos, 2014