Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [meta] Need to know for some renders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a "meta" thread in which I'll be asking other members of the Collective about some things in Fenspace before I create particular images. (No, it won't always be obvious which images I'm planning on rendering when I ask the questions. No, the images won't be as good as Mark's - I don't have a decade of experience or the "Reality" rendering engine.)

First up: Blackaeronaut, what does a Roughrider pilot wear when on duty?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Hrm... Roughriders will be wearing plugsuits designed by Jess Ayanami. They're the Real Deal, being based on the authentic plugsuit that was her claim to fame, with appropriate modifications for use in hard vacuum. The helmets are the old Robotech/Macross style. They're also color-coded (they have a white base with colored features):

Red: Command personnel - typically squadron commanders.

Yellow: Sub-command - element leaders that command a flight.

Blue: Spacemen - individual combat pilots.

Green: Support/Other - personnel that do fly with craft, but fulfill a non-combat role (IE: flight engineers on Peace Makers). Also used for liaisons.

Special Schemes: Used for certain VIPs. Benjamin, Gina, and Jess qualify. Ben's is gray with black features. Gina's is black with red features. Jess is white with powder-blue features. Other VIPs will have color schemes based on their personal preference.
Hmmmmm... tricky... (My collection of helmets is rather small. While I have a still-untested mech-form Valkyrie in my collection, I don't have a helmet for its pilot.)

A plugsuit would be easy to model as a skin texture on a barbie-doll-style body (rather than as a separate piece of clothing). I now have a project for the Easter weekend.

But there are a couple of weekends between now and then, so... (ponders)
--
Rob Kelk

A helmet like so?  Row 3, column 3.
[Image: MacrossHelmet.png]
That would be it, yes. (downloads prop, bookmarks page)
--
Rob Kelk

I knew I had a Macross helmet from somewhere, I just had to find it.  I totally forgot about Royloo's site or I would have mentioned it earlier.