Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [META] Quick setting questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I figured I'd start a new thread for simple questions that don't seem to have been covered elsewhere.

To start off, what's the uniform/rank emblem design the Trekkies are using? Is it ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9, or one of the Movie arrangements? Or a combination of them? Personally, I'd go for the Fist Contact era uniforms and rank symbols as being a bit more practical.

Any comments?
IIRC, this has been a point of contention among the Trekkies. However, I think that a good trade-off would be permitting each ship to use whatever uniform scheme the crew prefers.
For the stories themselves, yeah what BA said, but there should likely be some folks who use "Inspired by" uniforms, such as T-shirts in the TOS colors and black jeans, for example.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
You're going to get some folks wearing http://www.sharecg.com/v/26709/browse/1 ... horts---DS]these outfits...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Most certainly female construction bug pilots....
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children