Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: New to Fenspace, and a question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

New Hampshire Battleship Lover

I just discovered Fenspace, and I love it.  I see that the POD was pre-9-11--did 9-11 happen in the fenspace timeline?  Or is the paranoia in the United States attributed to handvavioum, with no World Trade Tower attacks?
What?

It was 2006/07, when 'wavium was discovered. That was the point of departure. The War on Terror is even specifically mentioned.... I think.

Oh.... and welcome. Mind the sausage creatures Tongue

HRogge

I cannot find anything about it, so I am not sure 9/11 happened in Fenspace... or even the whole "war on terror".
Yeah, the listed POD is approximately 2006. In fact, some of the earliest stories had Fen labeled as terrorists by the "mundanes."

Most notably, "Surfing with the Alien".

But, welcome to the 'verse!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
I think I see the confusion - the divergence point for inserting Fenspace into GURPS Infinite Worlds listed in the "Gaming" section is 1995, where the event that createed that game's homeworld didn't happen in either the real world or in Fenspace. Somebody (probably me) was being too clever.

Welcome, don't be afraid to ask questions, and feel free to tell us what we're doing worng...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012