Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [semi-silliness] They're all over Earth, so...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=83443]this thread on the SJGames forums points out, there are literally dozens of settlements named Bristol, Canton, Springfield, or Wellington (and over a dozen named Birmingham).

Where are they in Fenspace?

I'm tempted to grab Bristol for a Sammie base, but I don't know where to put it. There doesn't seem to be an asteroid named "Bristol"...

Edit: A-ha! Takeuchi Shipyard is in Mare Marginis, but we never named the settlement that supports the shipyard. "Bristol" it is. (Not that there can't be other "Bristol"s in Fenspace, of course.)

Re-Edit: Rather than adding each name to the list, I'll just point at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... lace_names]Wikipedia's collection of place-name disambiguation pages. My, but there's a lot of them...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
And 77 Frigga as of the current timeline in 2014/15, is a thriving asteroid settlement named New-Birmingham, populated by fendane miners up from Alabama to strike it rich. While the boss is hiding from them and the investors how screwed they actually are when the current seam runs out.
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Another one for the list: Waterloo
--
Rob Kelk

Warringer

robkelk Wrote:Another one for the list: Waterloo
Perhaps a waved space station?
With the very annoying quirk that all PA speakers play ABBA at all times...
Ebony Wrote:I'm sure that one of the Browncoat settlements/stations is referred to as "Canton." The main concourse/town square has a life-sized statue of Adam Baldwin. The eyes follow you.
Down the road and halfway around the block, sometimes. (And it's on the roof of a sandwich shop. Be sure to try the "Hero of Canton"...)
--
Rob Kelk

<rimshot>
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.