Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Proposal for a small modification to an existing character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed in my FenWiki editing that a certain character is referenced in writeups of many otherwise-unrelated places, events, and organizations - so much so that I'm tempted to add a quirk to the character's writeup to that effect. Thing is, she isn't my character...

So... Cobalt, do I have permission to add this to A.C.'s list of Quirks?

We're All Connected: Because of fame, notoriety, hero-worship, or some other factor, the first thing a large minority of Fenspace will ask on hearing of a new group, faction, or invention is "How's A.C. Peters connected to it?" In the absence of an accurate answer, rumours will spread throughout Fenspace and will be difficult if not impossible to squelch later. (This is part of why so many people call A.C. "Sailor Mars" or "Saber White".)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Among the Fen, there is a game they play occasionally (usually while drunk in the bar)... "Six Degrees of Separation"... only it's not Kevin Bacon they're connecting someone to. It's A.C. Peters.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Sounds closer to an Erdos Number.

Though I think the same could be said for any of the really early BNF's. A small community will necessarily mean a lot of links between individuals. Noah Scott is the first to come to mind....
Yeah - Noah has a Peters number of 1, having commissioned her assistance with a sociological experiment: "Can AIs pass for human so well that people who don't know their nature assume they're not AIs?" Kohran also has a Peters number of 1, being part of that experiment. (The other "angels" aren't researchers.) Anyone who carried out explosives research with Kohran has a Peters number of 2, and so on...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012