Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Map of Luna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking for a place to put Marduk (near Kandor, but not too near) when I noticed the Luna map does not, in fact, show where Kandor (or Daniell crater) is. Ooops.
Since I had wikipedia and Paint.net open, I went ahead and located the rest of the lunar locations in the fenwiki, and the landing sites.
Luna 2 and Luna 17 are in an approximate location (specially Luna 17).
The Jedi Academy was placed, more or less randomly, in Crater Bessarion. "Oceanus Procellarum" was a mite too vage a location, given the thing must be a third of the hemisphere.
Marduk is in Crater Plinius, wich is a bit larger than I intended (43 Km.) but had that cool mesa in the middle, ideal for an olde worlde town overlooking the fields. I think I am adding a lake to the south half, wich the wiki claims is a plain at a lower elevation, while the north is rugged -good for small hills with vineyards, manors and a couple of creeks.
The moon Kindom memorial is in nowere specific, simply midway Apollo 17 and Luna 21. The region is a big valley between the Taurus Mountains and a smaller ridge of hills in Mare Serenitas, so it probably will be quite scenic.
Blind Io is on the south pole, but Moonbase Alpha is said to be "near" the north pole, so I put it randomly at a lower latitude in Crater Anaxagoras.
Bristol and the Takeuchi Shipyard are on the far side, so they don't appear here.

[img]http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/forumimportfiles/4ca26037980b5593a44836fe9e812edc1f34f2ee_r.bmp]

Edit: While I was looking, I found this nifty page: http://www.lunarrepublic.com/atlas/ 
The search function seems inexistent, but the maps are wonderful.
Also near the Apollo 14 landing site is the Frau Mauro Golf Club, the only off-Earth golf-course on the PGA tour.

Another location, which I did forget, is Lunar Hazardous Waste Repository #1, in Crater Landau, but since it is also on the far side of the moon it will not appear in the map.
And while we are at it... are there other landing sites to add? I think there is one or two Luna landings I may have forgotten, but I am not sure. And the commies do have an air base dangerously close to my capitalist haven, after all. You cannot be too careful

HRogge

Rakhasa Wrote:is Lunar Hazardous Waste Repository #1, in Crater Landau
???
Quote:HRogge wrote:

Quote:Rakhasa wrote:

is Lunar Hazardous Waste Repository #1, in Crater Landau
???
This:
http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Landau_Crater
Not that there is much to say about it:

Quote:Quote La Wiki:

Landau Crater is in the northern hemisphere of Luna's far side.

It is home (appropriately enough) to Lunar Hazardous Waste Repository #1, an underground storage facility managed by Moonbase Alpha.

HRogge

Rakhasa Wrote:is Lunar Hazardous Waste Repository #1
Wow... okay, that one slipped my mind.

P.S.: try to use bbcode, not html for your messages... html messages are a pain to reply to (because difficult to edit). Smile
Rakhasa Wrote:And the commies do have an air base dangerously close to my capitalist haven, after all. You cannot be too careful
Meh. The chief Commie is dating the richest plutocrat's daughter, so there's obviously room for capitalism in their worldview.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Warringer

Not to mention that Kandor itself, where the Soviets are based, is rather capitalistic itself. :p
There is tolerating capitalism, as proper enlightened democratic soviets in fen society... and then there is tolerating some dirty burgheois counter-revolutionary forgetting to properly honor the glories of the first Soviet space progams.
Also, I changed the map to add the Shepard Memorial Golf Course (I finally went with the wiki name, rather than  Frau Mauro) at Apollo 14.
Warringer Wrote:Not to mention that Kandor itself, where the Soviets are based, is rather capitalistic itself. :p

For now. Revolutions aren't built in a day, after all, and Marx did say that capitalism is just one more step on a long road...
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"