Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [RFC] A Blackbird for the children
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Inspired by a Nightwish song...
Quote:6:30 winter morn

Snow keeps falling, silent dawn

A rose by any other name

Eva leaves her Swanbrook home.

A kindest heart which always made

Me ashamed of my own.

She walks alone but not without her name.

Eva flies away,

Dreams the world far away.

In this cruel children's game

There's no friend to call her name.

Eva sails away,

The Good in her will be my sunflower field.

Mocked by man to depths of shame

Little girl with life ahead.

For a memory of one kind word

She would stay among the beasts.

Time for one more daring dream

Before her escape,

Edenbeam we kill with her own loving heart.

Eva flies away,

In this cruel children's game

There's no friend to call her name.

Eva sails away,

The Good in her will be my sunflower field.
When Benjamin was awakening an AI at 36 Atalante this song happened to come up in iPod's rotation and Eva Nightwish was born.  Equipped to a modified Blackbird-class aerospace frame, she has made it her personal mission to save as many lost children as possible, wherever they may be, whatever their circumstances.
The Obtenebrated Angel is a normal Blackbird only at first glance.  If one were to look carefully, they would notice she only has ports for a single point-defense gun and only a half-sized VLS module.  Oddly enough, however, she has a pair of anti-personnel miniguns firing 7.62mm caseless ammunition located in the chinaries in place of the usual 40mm coil guns.  Inside, she is one part ambulance and one part school bus.
While she knows that she can't save every child out there, she will go after the most dire cases or even children that have somehow managed to biomod themselves and find themselves ostracized for it.  These children are usually taken to whatever child-friendly faction will have them (the Senshi are usually pretty quick to take in children with their love and justice motif), but some 'special cases' are taken to 36 Atalante where they usually become Roughriders.
Eva's mission has taken her into some fairly dangerous places, but her most daring escapade was when she came under fire from pirates in Somalia when she evacuated an entire orphanage.  She would later refuse having any kill marks applied.
Thoughts?

HRogge

She will need a small crew to get the children inside, right?
I was thinking that she had AC Peter's cook up a puppet body for her. As for assistants... Hrm... Need something suitably goofy and smacking of SCIENCE... Oh! How about Atlas and Peabody?

HRogge

blackaeronaut Wrote:I was thinking that she had AC Peter's cook up a puppet body for her. As for assistants... Hrm... Need something suitably goofy and smacking of SCIENCE... Oh! How about Atlas and Peabody?
*snicker* yes, that might work. With waved portal guns that do some crazy slapstick effect style death beam on the targets!

we should add some quotes from Glados: "I know I lost something, but I cannot remember what it was..."

(edit)
When was Eva awaken?
First thought...... Shinji and Eva?

Second thought. At any one moment there may be millions of children 'in trouble' at once. How does Eva decide?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

HRogge

And (most likely) some unknown waved based random factors...
blackaeronaut Wrote:I was thinking that she had AC Peter's cook up a puppet body for her. As for assistants... Hrm... Need something suitably goofy and smacking of SCIENCE... Oh! H%[link=http://]ow about Atlas and Peabody]?
Those might frighten the children...

How about http://0.tqn.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/e/-/1 ... herman.jpg]Sherman and Peabody? (Designed by Vulpine Fury, of course.) They've still got the connection to SCIENCE!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Sherman, send the gate!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
robkelk Wrote:Those might frighten the children...

How about Sherman and Peabody? (Designed by Vulpine Fury, of course.) They've still got the connection to SCIENCE!
Scary?  I dunno, Rob, I think that's a bit of a stretch.  Wink
Besides... I don't know much about Sherman and Peabody.  Sad
Sherman and PEabody:

Link because Youtube sucks now
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

HRogge

If Eva plans to rescue childs from crisis areas like Somalia, having some robots has advantages.

CI would sponsor a forcefield system for Atlas and Peabody if Eva wants it. Wink