Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [RFC] Idea for Open Character
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, was watching the videos in this post when I got this crazy little thought...  "You know, this guy's moving around like he's got a speed-drive field set to self-destruct or something like that."
And then it occurred to me... what if there was some skater that was going for a biomod not unlike Ben's in that it creates a speed drive field to protect it's 'passenger' from sudden accelerations... but it went horribly right?
You would have Ragdoll Man...  A Super who is capable of catapulting himself into absurd places and vibrating himself through solid objects with his otherworldly gyrations.  His tools of the trade are a skateboard (duh), and whatever else is lying around (because his speed drive will affect things in his area to a limited degree).  He is seemingly invulnerable to damage, but he'll still get pretty well bruised.  And, oh yeah, it's also hard to predict exactly what in God's name his field will do next.
Thoughts?

Warringer

Seems to be related to Murphy Murphy...
I'm not sure I like the "vibrating himself through solid objects" bit - so far, our superpowers have been grounded in reality - but other than that, why not?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
How about "drops through gaps between objects that, upon close inspection, should have been completely impassable to him" instead of phasing through solid objects?
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
That I could live with...

"How'd you get through there?"

"Wasn't easy."
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012