Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Open characters, the Eleven Doctors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A series of Handwavium Androids created by Whovians, each one is based on specific incarnations of the title character from the TV show Doctor Who. So far, there are only eleven of them, though there are plans to eventually add the 12th Doctor to their ranks. To the (mild) dissapointment of the Whovians, they aren't very good at figuring out how Time Lord technology works, much less how to build it in Fenspace. They insist they'd need an actual TARDIS to have any chance of that working. For now, they frequently do contract work for Great Justice and Space Patrol as Science Advisors.
Quirks:
I'm not an animatronic - Handwavium AI Androids.
Actor Allusion - Each version typically goes by the first name of their respective actor when they're all together to limit confusion (1. Bill, 2. Patrick, 3. John, 4. Tom, 5. Peter, 6. Colin, 7. Sylvester, 8. Paul, 9. Christopher, 10. David, 11. Matt).
Body Doubling - Each one looks and acts like a specific version of a fictional character, allowing people to predict their reactions if they are familiar with the source material.
What is this fashion sense you speak of? - Some of the Doctors have odd fashion choices lifted wholesale from the show (such as Tom's scarf, Peter's stick of celery, Colin's rainbow coat, or Sylvester's question mark-covered sweater vest).
Macguyver wishes he was as good as me - All of the Doctors are quite adept at jury-rigging solutions to problems.

Ace Dreamer

Did they manage to add things like K9, or sonic screwdrivers?

Not to mention slightly naive companions, that the Doctor can explain what is going on, to?

Did they pay the BBC for the rights? [grin]

And, anyone built any Daleks?
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Ace Dreamer Wrote:Did they manage to add things like K9, or sonic screwdrivers?
Not to mention slightly naive companions, that the Doctor can explain what is going on, to?
Did they pay the BBC for the rights? [grin]
And, anyone built any Daleks?
In order.
1. I'm sure there's a few K9 units, with Tom responsible for most of them (with David helping out on some), and lots of Whovians have already built sonic screwdrivers.
2. Not sure on that, though they'd like companions.
3. The BBC's alright with their existence, so long as they're on call for any potential multi-Doctor episode on Doctor Who where their respective actor is dead or so old as to be unrecognizable.
4. They sabotage any serious attempt at building 'real' Daleks, though the 'Dalek Comedy Night' is a favorite activity of theirs. They basically get their hands on a voice changer and say utterly ridiculous things ("WEL-COME TO MY DAL-EK PO-ETRY READ-ING! THIS POEM IS CALLED DAFF-ODILS! EX-TERM-INATE DAFF-ODILS!")

Somebody's been building sonic screwdrivers - A.C. Peters, Sora Hasegawa, and Kohran Li are known to have at least one each.

Ace Dreamer Wrote:Not to mention slightly naive companions, that the Doctor can explain what is going on, to?
One could argue that the Whovian faction is filled with companions...

Ace Dreamer Wrote:Did they pay the BBC for the rights? [grin]
Probably not. Paying for the rights is something that's sufficiently unusual in Fenspace that it's noteworthy.

Ace Dreamer Wrote:And, anyone built any Daleks?
Somebody did... Can't find the story in a quick search, though.

Edit: A more leisurely search turned up the thread: http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/topic/7949
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
robkelk Wrote:
Somebody's been building sonic screwdrivers - A.C. Peters, Sora Hasegawa, and Kohran Li are known to have at least one each.
To get Master Armourer qualification from the Supers Q Branch, you have to be able to build one. From scatch. While adding a new ability.
(A.C. gave Sora the pre-release, fully featured, tricked out by the number two man in Q Branch, version. She's since made improvements. Sora and Kohran will get their Mark XXXII's for Christmas 2014. And yes, that IS how fast the Sonic Screwdrivers change, it's something of a game between Mads, Supers, and Whovians.)
Reminds me of a plot bunny I had not long ago.

We've seen people in Doctor Who who try to emulate the Doctor for various good (and not-so-good) reasons...

Chris Cwej tried to pass himself off as the 5th Doctor on multiple occasions (but is more usually assumed to be the 6th by people who sort-of know the Doctor and don't know it isn't him...)

We've had the poor fellow in one episode a couple of years ago (The Next Doctor), another in the Big Finish audio play The One Doctor (excellent play, btw, highly recommended)... Donna Noble...

What about a story about a person who consciously decides to Be The Doctor?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Ace Dreamer

Or, you could always go for a hybrid?

AS-SIM-MIL-ATE!

[grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
I know in the snippits I've done my AC's made some sonics and I know I've been planning to something with thirteen/fourteen of the blessed things, three/four are whole seeming but are permanently dark, two refuse to respond to anything and eight just fizzlebleep no matter who handles them. I think a few sonic 'lipsticks' were produced too with similar quirks.

And yes my AC always has a sonic screwdriver or two handy but they only work on screws, bolts & some locks. Anything else requires a different more fitting tool.
I thought there was only one A.C. in Fenspace - A.C. Peters (Cobalt's character)...?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Author Character. I didn't even contemplate an SI