Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [Story RFC] Shegomania
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ross Van Loan

<br>

Ross Van Loan

The main drive of this trifle will be the ridiculous relationship/cosplay dynamic of the two leads, Ramona Wandblume / Shego & Donald Van Loan / Dr. Drakken. Both characters exist as comic fusions of their actual and assumed personalities. Shego / Wandblume isn't really a lazy, yet capable super powered character : she's a lazy, only seemingly capable super villain. Her actual minor 'Wavium power is a pheromone that convinces others that she must possess Shego's awesome combative & minion-organizational skill-sets. Van Loan's alteration is actually more much more in keeping with the canon character : he has the 1:1000 brilliant to crackpot ratio. His actual real power will be being able to coexist with the inanity of his cosplay-partner. With these elements in mind, the current story about training a goth-girl-sentai team will be about the formation of an actually inept yet perceived ept special operations team : rather like the the Spice Girls by way of Nanoha A's.

>
Ross Van Loan Wrote:... the Spice Girls by way of Nanoha A's.
My brain hurts ...

[size=smaller](But in a good way.)[/size]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
..... Oh dear. Ben would not have contracted for such a thing.... But it will be a thing that he would like to watch.... from a safe distance while nursing a Long Island Iced Tea. Wink

Ace Dreamer

So, this team always goes out with a very carefully stealthed (and protected) Reality Television recording set-up? [grin]
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind

Ross Van Loan

You've given me a delightful idea, Dreamer.  Not Reality T.V., but rather an actual covert team falsely tasked with ensuring that Shego isn't developing  the 'Magical Moody Goth Squad' as a criminal undertaking. What they're really there for is to provide intelligence for a bet made between two high-ups somewhere within the labyrinthine structure of The Patrol. The essence of the bet :  the application of standard rules of competency will ensure Shego's failure versus the application of Fenspace wacky-variables ensuring her success. Super Geeks are attempting to codify the larger-picture  considerations of 'Wavium's effects upon reality. Needless to say, this design adds a whole new level of wackiness to the unfolding plot. An earnest cadre of Section 9ers will have to try to make sense of Shego's awesome training regime which will shortly incorporate Dance Dance Revolution methodologies & Twister! I know exactly how this is going to play out! Mu hahhahaha!   
Ross Van Loan Wrote:... What they're really there for is to provide intelligence for a bet made between two high-ups somewhere within the labyrinthine structure of The Patrol. The essence of the bet :  the application of standard rules of competency will ensure Shego's failure versus the application of Fenspace wacky-variables ensuring her success. ...
We will speak on this at the game tonight - I have just the higher-ups for you, and it would be a shame to reveal them too soon.

(No, I'm not grabbing somebody else's characters for this - there are plenty of Open Characters in the higher-ups of the Space Patrol and allied groups.)
--
Rob Kelk

Ace Dreamer

You know, someone should really investigate O'Neill Station to find out what is going on there...

http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=O%27Neill

After all, one man and seventy-four attractive young women, a long running feud with Stellvia...

http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Stellvia

Do you think a crack team of covert investigators, who fortunately happen to be attractive young women, should look into things? [grin]

After all, what could possibly go wrong? [grin]
And...
I wonder if someone with the resources to put together a really well stealthed and tough recording probe(s) might find out about this team...  After all, their actions really should be recorded for posterity...
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
Ace Dreamer Wrote:And...
I wonder if someone with the resources to put together a really well stealthed and tough recording probe(s) might find out about this team...  After all, their actions really should be recorded for posterity...

Well, one would think that this:
Ross Van Loan Wrote:What they're really there for is to provide intelligence for a bet made between two high-ups somewhere within the labyrinthine structure of The Patrol.
would involve collecting video evidence to include with the intelligence reports.

Oh, and I've suggested to Ross a couple of people high up in the SP/GJ power structures. There's even some established backstory that makes them a reasonable choice...
--
Rob Kelk

Ross Van Loan

Chapter Two is growing with only slight explosions of metastatic mutation. Tu-mor or three days and it should be ready for posting.

Ross Van Loan

Wow, forget two or three days : it's up and posted! A final, last-second, down-to-the-clichéd-wire decision made me make the surveillance team out of almost canon characters from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The blonde became Togusa--it doesn't seem a reach to me to make that character female--and then it was only natural to include Batou. I had another very elaborately described character that I was going to use but he was just too damn ominous : it would have been like shoehorning Stalin into A Night at the Opera.