Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Question about Ultima Station
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HRogge

Does the Ultima Station has a full collection of stores and shops for everyone?
Hmmmmm...

Ultima is out of the way, unless you're going to explore the Tannhauser Gate - which is a VVS discovery, and we all know how badly the VVS/StellviaCorp alliance broke apart in 2017. (The leaders' reconciliation in 2018 doesn't help much.) But it is the "last gas and eats for 20 ly" facility between Sol and Delta Pavonis...

Hmmmmm...

Okay.

There is definitely restaurant - Noah won't open a station that doesn't have one, and Miyuri will want someplace where she can indulge her sweet tooth. (I don't yet know what it's called, though - any suggestions?) As for other shops on the Promenade, I'd say the basics are covered by 2022, but you're going to have to head to "civilization" (cislunar, Mars, Venus, or Jupiter) for anything particularly fancy or unusual.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

HRogge

I ask because of the Little Bit Bang Labs at Nostromo...

Ultima would be just 4 hours away, Mars/Earth is more than 2 days away (at 500c/0.1c).
Ah. For some reason, I thought Nostromo (in the constellation Centaurus) was in a direction that would be inconvenient to aim at Ultima instead of Earth... but anything south of -60° would be in a rather wide cone to use Ultima as a decent port at The Limit, yes.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

HRogge

robkelk Wrote:Ah. For some reason, I thought Nostromo (in the constellation Centaurus) was in a direction that would be inconvenient to aim at Ultima instead of Earth... but anything south of -60° would be in a rather wide cone to use Ultima as a decent port at The Limit, yes.

Flying half-way around the Limit sphere of Sol just takes 2-3 minutes, so the position around the Limit doesn't really matter if you are coming from the outside.