Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [not-quite-fluff] Asking about appearances
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The time has finally come for me to create an image of Noah Scott for the FenWiki. (Why now, rather than a year or two ago? It's taken this long for somebody to create his Season 2 corporate-state-leader private office - specifically, http://www.sharecg.com/v/73962/view/11/Poser/The-Office]rduda's new model.)

But I have a problem. Noah started as a sort-of self-insert, but rather quickly grew away from that concept and became the capitalist that everybody loves to hate. And I've since done an actual self-insert into the Convention Authority, and nobody comments on any resemblance between Rob Donaldson and Noah Scott. Thus, I no longer have any idea as to my lead character's appearance, other than "tall overweight white guy who wears glasses."

So I'm opening this up to the hivemind: What does Noah look like?

If you're going to answer, please don't read anyone else's answers before you post your own.

A
d
d
i
n
g

s
o
m
e

s
p
a
c
e

t
o

p
u
s
h

o
t
h
e
r

a
n
s
w
e
r
s

d
o
w
n

t
h
e

s
c
r
e
e
n

--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
This is always what I thought of: Submitted for your visual inspiration.... a good mix of wealthy businessman and slightly geeky.
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Noah Scott...

A sort of rectangular face with a high forehead, maybe a widow's peak as his hair starts to thin out. Brown eyes, not close-set, with bushy eyebrows. Roman nose. A fairly strong chin, the sort of face that would get raw boned with age or strenuous activity but money and a fairly sedentary lifestyle keeps his cheeks from getting sallow. Has worn maybe a dozen different styles of eyeglasses over the years, tends to gravitate towards horn rims or pince-nez. In terms of build tall of course but not broad-shouldered. He'd be wiry if he did more than the token workout, but the easy life fills his frame out more than usual.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

Ross Van Loan

Quote:robkelk wrote:
So I'm opening this up to the hivemind: What does Noah look like?
Quote:He should have a combination of the slightly dumpy beloved uncle body & a cruel,  off-putting face of villainy. Imagine putting Lee Van Cleef's head atop Captain Kangaroo's body. He has unruly blonde hair that he crops down to caesar #4 haircuts. He has those pale blue eyes that make X-ray machines work. His mouth is the precise razor mechanism for speaking his methodical mind.  He should be tall so as to seem to loom, even when that is the farthest thing from his mind. There should always be at least a whiff of menace about him, especially when he seems happiest : his laugh should run a slight  chill down the backbone of every sentient in the room. The only aspect of him that should not be angular and sharp is his gut.  Imagine loving uncle Boris Karloff, and then perhaps run screaming.