Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I Wish Someone Would Have Told Me About This...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Compare and contrast:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_B-1_Lancerhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-160
I can has retcon please?  Besides: If Jet had been involved with the project one of the first things she would have looked at was Russian designs for their... sturdy man-machine interfaces.  Besides, unless I'm mistaken the Tupolev seems to have the actual interior space Knightsaber 1 would need.
I chose the Lancer for the Knightwing for specific reasons. It's stealthier that the 160, for one, and is designed to penetrate enemy airspace rather than actually stand off and act as a dedicated high-speed cruise missile carrier - which is a sort of memetic bonus to the sort of missions the Knight Sabers use it for. And, with a few slight modifications, it's just large enough inside. (I thought about going for a B2 also, which would've been absolute Stealth. bigger inside again, and ominous to boot, but much too slow to escape when it was spotted).

It's also something of a plot-point that Jet clearly didn't design it, someone else did.

And we wouldn't get such Damn You Mackie moments such as this:
Quote:"And I can wear the Born to Penetrate t-shirt and know it's the truth," the teenaged android announced.

"Mackie!" Anika shrieked.

A barking laugh answered her. "Bone-R, Lancer. Penetration Bomber! Slipping it in beneath their defenses then sliding up the valley to strike the critical point!"

Maybe a replacement model, to answer specific criticisms of the Lancer series... they are specifically noted as being rare.

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"