Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Fenspace Tarot, thread 2 (WAS: Potter tarot)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure what universe Doug would be able to find this deck in (Eimi does not have a copy), but they're out there, ready to be printed:
http://www.redhen-publications.com/tarot-cards.html
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Very interesting... This reminds me, I need to ask in Fenspace if we ever did up anything but lists with that tarot set...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
We never did, or at least nobody ever did to my knowledge. We're kind of short on artists who'd do it for free and commissioning a tarot deck (or even just the major arcana) would cost somewhere around $fuckingow.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
M Fnord Wrote:We're kind of short on artists who'd do it for free and commissioning a tarot deck (or even just the major arcana) would cost somewhere around $fuckingow.
How feasible is crowdfunding?
We're talking 21-78 cards, each one needing high-quality and detailed art to look good - because I assume that if we're actually going to do this there's no point in half-assing it - probably spread out over several artists just to get it done in anything resembling a reasonable timeframe. It all depends on the artists hired, their commission rates and if they're willing to let us monopolize somewhere around 6 months to a year's worth of queue to get this done. I have no idea if crowdfunding something like that's viable.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Re the Fenspace tarot: I think we should finish deciding what should appear on the cards before we start looking for an artist.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Mamorien wrote:
How feasible is crowdfunding?
Given the guy who's raised almost $45,000 for a $10 bowl of potato salad on Kickstarter (as of this morning), I'd say we had a fair shot at it.  And given how reasonable the http://www.makeplayingcards.com/design/ ... cards.html, we could probably offer decks to contributors as a fairly low-contribution reward...  if we're talking Kickstarter or the like at all.
However, this is the DW8 board, and if we're going to keep talking Fenspace Tarot, it should be there... your choice, folks, new thread in Fenspace, or I move this one.  
-- Bob
---------
Move this one - the only post that's connected to DW8 is my thread-starter, and I did mention Eimi in that post.
--
Rob Kelk

Okay, at the risk of redundancy I'm moving the thread.
-- Bob
---------