Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [Meta]Messing around with Wiki Article style...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been fecking around for the last week or so (With some semi-examples of what I was looking for on a few talk pages....)

I redid the wiki article for the JF-21 in a similar format, and I was wondering what people's opinion was on doing the same for other parts of the wiki. At the very least, it's not as dry and sterile as a wiki article - and gives more an in-universe opinion on what people think or what these things are actually like.

The idea being the a character profile is written in-character by someone in-universe - and then it's possible to add alternative opinions as 'comments' in sidebars and the like. The profile can be positive, negative, or mixed.... and comments can be contrary, supporting or offer separate viewpoints. And won't necessarily have to be cleared with the author if they represent another in-universe opinion. There's a lot of comments given to new articles and characters and the like, and it seems like it'd be an easy way to capture that detail.

Okay, so it's a fair bit of work. But at the same time, it's a little easier to do I found than generating dry wiki content. It's easier to write in a few minutes. And easier for others to expand upon independently.