Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Fen in inner space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, the vast majority of Fenspace stories pertain to the antics of Fen in outer space (that is, space beyond the Earth's atmosphere).  But what about inner space (i.e. the oceans)?  IRL we know more about outer space than we know about our own oceans.  I'd be surprised if there haven't been at least a few Fen who have tried to explore the depths of the oceans, almost certainly using handwaved tech (e.g. cars 'waved to survive the crushing pressures several miles below the surface).

For example, imagine having some Fen-tech be used in the search for Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.  Or perhaps being used to locate long-lost shipwrecks.
Waving wrecks so you can have a unique craft...
Which comes in two varieties, wrecks waved by clueless fen who don't realize they're going to raise the ire of both fen and mundane and those with egos large enough they know and don't care
Or those setting about to make aquatic and amphibian bots. After all if you want to locate something on the ocean floor what would be better than churning out a bunch of bots to map the ocean floor 24/7. Also handy to patrol the homestead of fen who decide to declare their patch of ocean floor to be micronations. "Ahoy submarine! Welcome to the sovereign territory of Deep Helm. We have fresh hydroponic vegetables if you are interested in trade."
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
You'll want to check out the Submariners on the Fenwiki -- they're one of the earthbound factions.  Little is known or has been written about them, though, so if you've got some ideas, why go right on ahead.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Submariners are the reason the drug cartels have stopped trying to deploy narco subs. They keep getting stolen and turning up waved under new ownership.