Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: New Area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week someone, I've forgotten whom, made an offhanded comment that there ought to be an area here for the general discussion of writing -- techniques and tips and advice and all that, I presume. What do people think? I have no problem with opening up a new area for that kind of thing, but only if it's going to get used. If I have some assurance that it'll generate traffic, I'll be happy to set it up. Please let me know what you think.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Hmm...
I might, or might not. To be honest, I usually follow a similar message board over on: pub101.ezboard.com/bgothampm
It's the message board for Gotham PM, which includes support for Chris Dee's Cat Tails, a very good and fun read set in the Bat-verse. She also includes a writers forum which does a lot of the same things.
Still, If there was enough interest from people who just use THIS board only, I'd participate from time to time... If I thought I had something worthwile to add."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
Still, If there was enough interest from people who just use THIS board only, I'd participate from time to time... If I thought I had something worthwile to add.
Thanks, Ranger. However, it looks like there's really not enough interest to justify me opening up a new area on the topic. So, for the moment at least, the idea looks to me like it's dead.

-- Bob
---------

Ace Dreamer

Would a forum where fanfic writing which is vaguelly connected to DW could be discussed be sensible?
For examples, other multi-world fanfics, fanfics set in the same world as a particular Step, or whatever?
This might also be somewhere more general fanfic writing could be discussed, by the authors and readers. I am not suggesting this would become a general forum for fanfic writing.
Just an idea, as I thought initially that is what the proposed new forum was about.
--
"It is the business of the future to be dangerous" - Hawkwind
I can always open up a forum for fan-written DW material, sure. Making it something of a workshop area would be okay with me, too.

-- Bob
---------