Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: In-line popup ads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm seeing ads creeping into text all around the forums here. It looks like a link, but it's got two underlines and when you mouse over it, a little window pops up with some ad or another. This also isn't just limited to post text, too. Just about any text that isn't already a link is viable to be ad-ified. A few examples are the 'online' in the "Who's online" list, "Forum" at the top of the general list, and words in the board descriptions.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
I've already shot a snarky little note off to Yuku support. The forums have over 222K paid pageviews still -- there's no excuse for this.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
They seem to have disappeared. They're going to have to do better than that to slip one past us!
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
I heard back from support not long before your post citing an error on their side.
-- Bob
---------
At some point, they can only claim so many errors before so many claim for refunds and leave.

If it's that bad, stop using the function and get it fixed.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
I'll admit, I was thinking something along the lines of, "I wonder if they have an 'error' like that every time they need a little extra ad revenue?"
-- Bob
---------