Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I Aplogise To Sarah Palin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.nytimes.com/20...ef=slogin&oref=slogin

I believed the claim that she didn't know that Afirca was a continent not a country without any actual evidence.

I'm sorry.

I still hate her and everything she represents, but I'm sorry I bleieved this one rumor.

----------------

Epsilon
Mm. Indeed. I, too, fell for that. It seemed just so appropriate for her established style that it was believable.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Fidoohki

Actually I read the article and got the impression that the guy that claimed to have said it

was the fake, not the rumor itself. Since the rumor came out from the reporter embedded

with the McCain camp, I find it hard to beleive that it came from this guy.

For the record I don't beleive the rumor for one second.

Ayiekie

Um, yes, read the article. The retraction is on who they said the rumour came from, not the rumour itself.

For the record, I am pretty sure she does know Africa is a continent. But it really doesn't matter, given her already well-publicised ignorance of many,
many political and policy issues.
In that case I misread the article. As for what she does and doesn't know, well, I've come across more than enough stupefying ignorance in people from
whom I wouldn't have expected it at all, so I'm keeping an open mind in both directions on this.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.