Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Interesting Canadian POV on Keystone Pipeline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was sent this from my mom, actually. Interesting look at the Keystone Pipeline issue from a Canadian POV.

( EDIT: For those of you having trouble seeing the embed, here's a URL link to the host webpage:

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/keys ... 0506675001
I'm noticing that I can see it fine on Firefox but that Chrome doesn't like it. Check browsers?)

http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer ... d=1&isUI=1
*sighs* I don't really agree with the decision myself, but I'd still rather have Obama in office for the next term instead of any of the current Republican candidates.

Also, if I were Canada, I'd be careful about how much oil I sell to China. If they aren't careful they'll suck their Oil Sands dry in no time. (No kidding, I've crunched the numbers on this. At the current figures for economically recoverable oil within the Canadian Oil Sands, and if Canada was (for some reason, make one up) the sole provider to the US, then we'd burn through the Oil Sands in about twenty-five years.)

Who knows. Maybe Obama is trying to needle the Republicans into lobbying for clean energy. Of course, that won't work because too many republicans own large shares in oil companies.
Looks like the video's been pulled...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Still showing up when I click it. Maybe region locked?
blank post at home and at work.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
I'm seeing it at work.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:I'm noticing that I can see it fine on Firefox but that Chrome doesn't like it. Check browsers?)
It's not Chrome -- that's what I use at work.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

CattyNebulart

my adblocker blocks it. Then again the settings on my addblocker tend towards the hyperagressive.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
I've noticed some video sites have trouble when you had adblockers and script blockers active when you first load the page, and even enabling everything the video won't load at that point.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
It's blank on iDevice Safari.

Interesting, if all that's correct there's elements in the US that are working on the premise of: if we can't have it, no one can. Mind you some of those same groups are linked to the groups that advocate the last part of that premise, for a lot of things. They also appear to be private bodies interfering in the running of another country, something that I thought only proper government groups are supposed to do.
Rod H Wrote:It's blank on iDevice Safari.
It could just be a server load issue... I'll try again in the evening.

Rod H Wrote:Interesting, if all that's correct there's elements in the US that are working on the premise of: if we can't have it, no one can.
If you want it, then build the friggin' pipeline already!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012