Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Facets Costume Revision Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to find a theme everyone can agree on, step n...
I present, Shin Seiki Yoroiden Mahou Shoujo REKKA NO INEZ! ^.^
[Image: Inezmark2.png]
So... required bits would be jeweled tiara, Enforcer breastplate, jeweled belt; some kind of skirt and some kind of shoulderpads; everything else up to the player.
Second costume slot, civvies; third slot, a unified-theme "heavier armor" thing with Enforcer tights all over, maybe even the heavy gloves and boots, and tech wings (I'll run a demo on that look in a bit); fourth slot, the hyper glowing power avatar form; fifth... dunno really.
Comments, thoughts, crushing rejections?

ETA: Prototyping the Heavy Armor look...
[Image: InezMark3.png]
ETA again: based on Acyl's suggestions, here's a revised prototype.
[Image: InezMark4.png]
Light Enforcer armor and Jester shortnose standard. The veil is Inez's trademark, and the leather skirt would allow for individualized print (such as the flames) while keeping the Enforcer color scheme on the armor.
--Sam
"I studied and trained for nearly THREE WEEKS!"
I think Lurker's on to something, really. But here's an alternative suggestion.
I find the Enforcer 1 chest detail - the one that extends down to the abdomen - rather imposing. That's the one Lurker used for both costume designs. But it seems very heavy to me.
What I'm thinking is that we could use Enforcer 2 instead - a.k.a. the Iron Bra - for the basic magical girl costume. It's lighter and more "useless fantasy armor".
Like so:-
[Image: graceneo1.jpg]
I'd suggest putting it over just basic tights with a pattern applied. This looks way more space-age magical girl than traditional bows and ribbons and whatnot...but we were already going for a more Rayearth techno-armor look, so I think that's fine.
So that's a costume design based around the Enforcer 2 chest detail. The Enforcer 1 is, though, still good for creating a "Heavy Armor" costume. I agree with Lurker, that's a great idea.
Thing is tho, the clunky Enforcer boots and gloves look too heavy to me. And just the Enforcer pattern on slim boots and gloves...ehhn, that's not armored enough. Maybe something in between, then. You could use, say, Justice or Sinister if you have 'em.
Or how about this?
[Image: graceneo2.jpg]
That's the Bone gloves and Bone boots. I don't seem them used very often, but they make great techno-fantasy light armor pieces, far as I'm concerned.
The mask is the Jester short-nose. The faceless Enforcer visor doesn't seem right to me either. But a half-mask? That's about the right speed, you know? Remember, we're magical girls.
I'm not a particular fan of the Leather Miniskirt that Lurker used, but honestly I don't think the choice of skirt matters all that much for the heavy armor look. The unifying visual feature is the mask, chest, torso and leg armor.
Of course, all this has to be filtered through the caveat that...well, I'm designing stuff based on Grace of the Spirit's color scheme. Your milage may vary.
-- Acyl
I like having some flavor of smooth skirt on the heavy-armor version, just to have some place to put a distinctive print, but otherwise Acyl's suggestions work for me.
--Sam
"In the name of the Loon, I will punish you!"
I dunno Armored Torso with the "plain enforcer" worked pretty well for Tanya...
And I'd been planning on "elemental form" for third slot on Tanya, something to distress her further than the cold.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll