Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Incoming newbie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finally convinced an old friend of mine to install the CoX games I got him for his birthday a while back, at least for the first two free months. He's slightly skeptical, but I think the peer group here is a lot more to his taste than the idiots we encounter on World of Warcraft. x.x;
His name's Jesse, he's a math geek and a science-fiction fan (but not, by and large, into anime), and RPG player -- he GM'd an eight-year-long Champions campaign back in the 80s/90s. Smart, sarcastic, cynical.
We'll be setting his account up and loading the games sometime Sunday. I hope you can help me convince him to stick around... [Image: smile.gif]
--Sam
"Hug your destiny, Arthur! Hug it."
I'm sure we'll all do our best! And I'll offer a hearty welcome to him in advance of actually meeting him!

-- Bob
---------
I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen and incessant quotations from Now We Are Six through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty's giant poisoned electric head. So theeeeeere....
Sounds a lot like me EML. Look forward to meeting him. If you say he's a good guy, I'll take your work for it.[Image: smalldarksideoc5.png]
"Nothing really exists, but really, nothing exists."
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

HDTrio

I'll make sure the boys -don't- prank him, then.
He's installing and patching up right now.
4 hours and 35 minutes remaining. @.@;
--Sam
"Bad is good baby! DOWN WITH GOVERNMENT!"
Bad time to be installing the game, right after an issue release...
It could be worse. Could be like me, with FFXI to patch on three different systems, 3 hours each system...
-Morgan, will probably stop playing on the ps2 if I like the way the 360 version looks better though.
"I call this look 'totally bonkers gothic lolita'."
-Ametrine-chan
Yeah, we wound up with too little time to do more than a very basic intro to the game.
I'll be coaching him again come Thursday, we'll see how it goes.
--Sam
"This is graveness."