Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: New Announcements 10/3/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In addition to all the Issue 11 stuff, the following is now up on the COH site:
Quote:
Two new features come to City of Heroes: Character Transfer and Character Rename. Additionally, we have completed a sweep of un-reserving names of characters below level 6 on accounts that have been inactive and not subscribed for over 90 days. This has freed up millions of previously reserved names all for the taking with the new Rename feature, or for that new Hero or Villain youve wanted to start!
Both the Character Transfer and the Character Rename features are available from new buttons added to the Character Select Screen. Please keep in mind that these features cost $9.99 USD per use and require that you have a credit card on file.
I'm annoyed that these features cost ten bucks, but knowing that all those names have been freed up... well, I'm going right out and checking on a couple I've been longing to use, only to find them already claimed...-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I got "Steam Engine" on Virtue. ^_^
Is anyone interested in "Giant Robot" or "Giant Mecha", by the way? I have both, but I'm only gonna keep one, so...
-- Acyl
Quote:
Is anyone interested in "Giant Robot" or "Giant Mecha", by the way? I have both, but I'm only gonna keep one, so...
I'd pay good money to see someone take one of those and make the tiniest robot he can... but I'm just perverse like that.
-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
I'd pay good money to see someone take one of those and make the tiniest robot he can... but I'm just perverse like that.
That's exactly what I did. Size sliders alllll the way to minimum, then as close to a Gundam in design and colour scheme as I could get. =)
Giant Mecha's a brute. I don't have the bio available at the moment, but it was something to the tune of...
It is a name feared across the galaxy. The Galactic Imperial August National Theocracy. A star empire built upon fearful engines of world-destroying power. And now, their most deadly warrior, Pilot M'Ka, has come to Earth, along with his personal war machine - to annex this planet for his masters.
There's only one small problem.
Literally small. A little problem of scale.
Nobody told him this was a planet of oversized monsters. It's just not fair...

=)
That said, I much prefer the unrelated hero concept I had...and will probably reroll him as a tank or scrapper if there's some sufficiently tech-looking weapon available at start. I'm hoping what's currently available as the Ghost Slaying Axe vet/temp power makes it in, at least - that'd do me.
Mind, an Assault Rifle blaster would probably work as well, if we get some cool AR alternatives...
-- Acyl
Quote:
Nobody told him this was a planet of oversized monsters. It's just not fair...
Nice. Reminds me of a friend who played a WH40K Space Marine in a game of Floating Vagabond. The only problem was that there was a malfunction in the transporter that sent him to the Vagabond. He ended up being 25mm tall. Which is, of course, the scale of WH40K miniatures.Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:
That's exactly what I did. Size sliders alllll the way to minimum, then as close to a Gundam in design and colour scheme as I could get. =)
Reminds me of the superstrength/invuln tanker I have on one of the less-frequented servers: Ms. Pritty Kitty. Teeny-tiny catgirl who throws cars.-- Bob
---------
-- Bob
---------

The Hunterminator

Quote:
Reminds me of the superstrength/invuln tanker I have on one of the less-frequented servers: Ms. Pritty Kitty. Teeny-tiny catgirl who throws cars.
Heh, and that reminds me of Lil' Blond Haired Boy, my sonic/energy blaster that can punt villains twice his size across the room

khagler

I was delighted to find that my spines/regen scrapper on Liberty can now be "Jumping Cholla." ;-)