Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Discovery and (Possible) Humor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I meant to post something about this yesterday... Wednesday night I was playing Evangelia, and in going through my big screen o' clues, I noticed that I had never finished the Vahzilok Plague arc with her. I pulled down my contact list and phoned Julianna Nehring, who had set her on that arc. Now I know that in person she won't talk to me any more, but imagine my surprise when the cell call gets a full mission assignment window! Whatever check is run to see if the contact will talk to you is broken somehow -- either it incorrectly shuts down the in-person talk when you're over-level but still on an arc, or it incorrectly allows it over the phone.
So I figured, what the hell, and completed the arc. I wasn't sure if the villains would be scaled up to Eva's L42, so I got some provisional pledges of help from Legendary folks online at the time, but they turned out not to be needed -- the badguys maxed at L19. So I walked through the entire rest of the arc, took out Dr. Vahzilok with two sword blows, and slaughtered his entire merry crew of zombies and mad doctors. It was so ridiculous it was funny.
Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! And I got a L22 DO enhancement for finishing the arc! Wow!
(Said enhancement is now on the table in the base for anyone needing a magic-compatible L22 Damage.)-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Yeah, I had something like that happen with Eri. I'd wondered for a while why I could only open up one arc at a time... turned out I had some leftovers. (Never noticed the thing about talking in person vs. over the phone, I never go back to contacts if I don't have to. Saves load time...)
From something I remember reading, all the missions have a cap on enemy level, which I believe is a bit higher than the highest level you'd ordinarily get the mission... I don't particularly like that. Defeat all missions with all grey enemies are worse for me than ones full of oranges and reds - the time saved fighting is more than lost by the time hunting for enemies that won't come out when they see you.
I remember trying Vahzilok with Eri when AVs in solo missions stayed AVs. Couldn't do damage fast enough, so I ran away, then came back and did the alternative method. Kind of wonder how I'd do now at that level. Maybe this Ouroboros thing will let you redo arcs you've already done
The weird thing I saw once is having completed a council-focused story arc for one contact... and later another one was offering me the first mission for that arc again. o.O I didn't take it, and I don't think I missed any other arcs at that level range, so I'm not sure what happened."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
The spiffy on Oroboros: Yes, you will be able to go back and do arcs you missed out on, or simply redo an arc that you weren't satisfied with at the time.
Such arcs will run under the same rules as Task Forces - no one can join the team after you start, you can't visit other contacts until it's done, and you're auto-exemped down if you're over the max level.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Just to confirm what Morganni said. You've always been able to call up old contacts and continue previous story arcs you were already on, it's just that they'd be all grey to you.
The reason is this - there's a limit to how many regular story arcs you can have open at a time. 3, I think. Zone-based arcs don't count towards that. So if you already have three arcs open, you can't get any new ones, and have to go back to clean out whatever you didn't finish. No matter how grey it is.
-- Acyl
Yeah, I knew about the limit on open arcs, I just didn't know I *had* those still open. I've always tried to do arcs one at a time, except in a couple earlier cases where I put off a mission that I wasn't quite powerful enough to beat yet.
The weird thing is, when I was in the middle of the old arc cleanup, the first couple of contacts in Striga Isle started offering me missions. But I'd already completed the last set of missions in that zone, because when I first came there I was already at the level where they just pass you on to the next contact. Kind of peculiar.
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)